[Archived] Initial Linux release from ayufan (0.6.XX)
Ok, so I've just tried the latest 0.6.45 image, and I'm getting what sounds similar to your problem... but I didn't have it with the 0.6.44 arm64 image (i.e. bionic-containers-rockpro64-0.6.44-239-arm64.img.xz)

Failing 0.6.45 boot => https://pastebin.com/fimpKEaf

Working 0.6.44 boot => https://pastebin.com/wMiyMEx5
Yes I am getting that error with all builds including the newest 6.45

All night I have been trying to get a serial dump and I have had no success with two usb serial adapters. I only can get garbage on the terminal.

picocom -b 1500000 /dev/ttyUSB0 is the command im using. It works for all other serial devices but I can't get information from the rockpro64.
(06-01-2018, 08:37 PM)deeproot Wrote: Yes I am getting that error with all builds including the newest 6.45

All night I have been trying to get a serial dump and I have had no success with two usb serial adapters. I only can get garbage on the terminal.

picocom -b 1500000 /dev/ttyUSB0 is the command im using. It works for all other serial devices but I can't get information from the rockpro64.

I get garbage on the terminal when I power up the board until around 1.8/2.0 seconds into the initrd boot process, but when it reboots it is fine (I get all the output then), so maybe it's something not set initially re: timing 

Either way, for the moment I can't reproduce your fault on an earlier image, and I'm guessing one of the changes in 0.6.45 will have to be reverted or tweaked - looks like ayufan's trying to get the GPU drivers up and running...
@deeproot

HI

Warning!

Even when starting my linux based Picocom V1.7 with cli option -b 150000. It will not run... says baud rate not supported.

I am having limited success with minicom, after about 30 hours struggling with putty,  this works sometimes, more often  it fails, but I can see some valid info on the boot process.

The only distro I have found to boot  even  part way is the stretch image. this never gets to the linux prompt,   it stops at different points in the boot flow.

What was very exciting on stretch was that this blinding white led lit up for the first time showing the board had some signs of lfe!

Frankly, I feel that I need to put the rockpro board in a cupboard for some weeks and only get it out when things are more stable, nothing seems repeatable at the mo.

regards

Patrick
(06-02-2018, 04:17 AM)superpat Wrote: @deeproot

HI

Warning!

Even when starting my linux based Picocom V1.7 with cli option -b 150000. It will not run... says baud rate not supported.

I am having limited success with minicom, after about 30 hours struggling with putty,  this works sometimes, more often  it fails, but I can see some valid info on the boot process.

The only distro I have found to boot  even  part way is the stretch image. this never gets to the linux prompt,   it stops at different points in the boot flow.

What was very exciting on stretch was that this blinding white led lit up for the first time showing the board had some signs of lfe!

Frankly, I feel that I need to put the rockpro board in a cupboard for some weeks and only get it out when things are more stable, nothing seems repeatable at the mo.

regards

Patrick

**I have good reliable serial output now** edit**

My linux distro comes with picocom 3.1 and I get "terminal ready" when I use the command "picocom -b 1500000 /dev/ttyUSB0". (I get weird question mark characters and sometimes little square boxes with dots inside them but never any readable text)
After trying two usb to serial adapters on my laptop I tried an odroid and rpi but they had pico 1.7 and gave that same error about baud rate not supported. 
Im having a good time messing around with it. You can try the android build from the pine64 website if you want too see how fast the rockpro64 is.
@deeproot

Sorry, I should have updated my version of picocom!  will do shortly.

I  have  had problems down loading any iso from the git hub repository, and today it is impossible. D/l gets cancelled randomly and I cannot resume.  I am in the UK.

How do you fing the download of the iso's?

cheers
P
(06-02-2018, 05:15 AM)superpat Wrote: @deeproot

I  have  had problems down loading any iso from the git hub repository, and today it is impossible. D/l gets cancelled randomly and I cannot resume.  I am in the UK.

cheers
P

I can download from here without any issues: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases

I got the android build from here: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro...roid_7.1.2
(06-02-2018, 05:55 AM)deeproot Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 05:15 AM)superpat Wrote: @deeproot

cheers
P

I can download from here without any issues: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases

I got the android build from here: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro...roid_7.1.2

Hi,

I d/l'd the android build with NO problems! Android runs OK, but no ethernet working.

I compiled a new version of pico com and that runs ok at 150000, however it takes a couple of seconds to sort out the output and start printing readable characters, but from then on it is ok.

I find I have to pull the power jack to reboot the reset button kills the running image but it won't reboot without pulling the power  jack

Still I feel more optomistic now that I can see the board is working and is not a DOA

cheers

P
Hi
Just got bionic-containers to boot up as far as login.
What is the default username and password.
Thanks
(06-05-2018, 01:02 PM)mikeD Wrote: Hi
Just got bionic-containers to boot up as far as login.
What is the default username and password.
Thanks

Not?

Quote:All variants except OMV: rock64/rock64
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language

1. Quartz64 Model B, 4GB RAM

2. Quartz64 Model A, 4GB RAM

3. RockPro64 v2.1

https://linux-nerds.org/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) RockPro64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 1 342 03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: mara
Exclamation Ethernet regression on Linux Kernel 6.5.4? Deathcrow 3 742 09-22-2023, 04:27 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Installing CH431SER on Ayufan 0.9.14: gitlab-ci-linux-build-159 Thisone 4 1,183 07-14-2023, 04:22 AM
Last Post: hunderteins
  GPIO on Ayufan 0.9.14 Build Thisone 7 1,937 04-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: diederik
  Linux laptop does not detect the board when plugged in via USB soupy 1 3,919 04-13-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Reynold Grady
  RockPro64 linux console video mode callegar 0 834 09-06-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: callegar
Brick Maintained Linux booting from eMMC ootoovak 10 7,954 04-30-2022, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,110 02-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  How I Got Fedora Linux to Boot From eMMC (or microSD, for that matter) whitecat23 4 4,105 01-03-2022, 10:32 AM
Last Post: whitecat23
  Compiling ayufan mainline - DT-overlay missing Mentaluproar 0 1,405 07-24-2021, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Mentaluproar