STOCK Android OS build released
I am waiting for root version of android about 3 months.
When is the release date planned?
(08-27-2018, 08:51 AM)Firesped Wrote: will the PCIe be available for Android? more so the PCIe to NVMe interface card?

I'm guessing all that they need is a proper driver to enable Android to use it is a storage device, but I can't imagine Android getting many advanced storage options under whatever is plugged into the PCIe slot...
Has Android ever done software raid through sata under a platform like maybe Android x86 on desktop motherboard?
Used Etcher to put the Android image on my 64gb eMMC chip and Android booted up fine.
Used my USB 3.0 thumb drive on the Rockpro64 USB 3.0 port to move some apk files over, mostly the Google Play Sevices, the USB 3.0 port functions.
The Wi-Fi adapter from Pine64 seems to be working fine, got onto my Wi-Fi at home.
Can't get the Google Play Store to work, it either closes after I open it or just stays at a empty window.
Any suggestions to getting Google Play Store up and running would be appreciated.
I've been trying to side load it with ADB but it's not work, fails at 47%, even with the smallest image. Android recovery is showing Failed to open driver control: no such file or directory.
(08-28-2018, 12:14 PM)Firesped Wrote: I've been trying to side load it with ADB but it's not work, fails at 47%, even with the smallest image. Android recovery is showing Failed to open driver control: no such file or directory.

Hopefully someone can get Play Store working that does not require Too much effort,
Or a updated Android release for the Rockpro64 comes out,
As I got pretty excited about getting a normal copy of Android up a running...
AndroidTV does not really do it for me...
I'll keep patiently checking for this 8.1 or any Android version that is working properly... I believe that "desktop" experience is what many people would go for. Android has all the functionality and simplicity one can dream of, just make it work on this board. Cant wait to log into google account, check email, google something, youtube something, watch a Netflix movie, simple stuff ... most sophistication maybe share some files on a LAN. I'm ready to order 5 to start with, once Android is fully working.
we only have the dev kit for 7.1 so far. I'm debating on using my linux board to build my android on myself but I've never done anything like that before.
Maybe the Pine64 people should approach the developers in the Lineage community, send samples their way. All my and extended family phones and tablets have some version of Cyanogen or Lineage modes on them. You gotta get things going! You cannot have the best hardware out there and lack decent Android for it! I know a bunch of ppl super excited and holding back because of lack of development and community!
(09-11-2018, 09:56 PM)Dreven Wrote: Maybe the Pine64 people should approach the developers in the Lineage community, send samples their way. All my and extended family phones and tablets have some version of Cyanogen or Lineage modes on them. You gotta get things going! You cannot have the best hardware out there and lack decent Android for it! I know a bunch of ppl super excited and holding back because of lack of development and community!

We've reached out to numerous developers, including different Android devs. Keep in mind that they too need time to get their projects running on the RockPro64 Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Great! Promising answer! That is what people like to hear. We all hope more is coming soon. I'm QA in Canada if ever you need help testing. Cheers Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difficulty installing Android on Rockpro64 spammycheese 0 2,684 02-17-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: spammycheese
  Using Android and the Playstore grobbs 0 2,590 06-04-2022, 12:18 AM
Last Post: grobbs
  Android TV miguelangelaj 2 2,881 06-03-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  Control Fan in Android miguelangelaj 2 2,362 06-03-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  Slash TV Android for RockPro64 Wizzard 12 10,781 04-24-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  DRM support in Android Wizzard 2 2,612 02-03-2022, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Johnmo89
  Install Playstore on Android 8.1.0 Domo 14 24,489 04-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Wizzard
  Install Playstore on Android 7.1.2 Domo 6 13,819 04-16-2021, 02:10 AM
  Kodi crashing in Android 9 Wizzard 2 3,929 04-16-2021, 02:03 AM
  Install Playstore on Android 9 image ddimension 18 27,459 02-13-2021, 12:52 AM
Last Post: chisteven