STOCK Android OS build released
The ROCKPro64 first stock Android 7.1.2 build released, and please download at PINE64 wiki site:
http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro...e_Releases

- This build support PINE64 7" LCD panel
- This is typical Android UI, not Android TV type
- This build doesn't have Google Play app and will include on next build
First thank you.

But i have a problem with this image "Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [microSD Boot] [20180515]" Don't boot up Sad
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language

1. Quartz64 Model B, 4GB RAM

2. Quartz64 Model A, 4GB RAM

3. RockPro64 v2.1

https://linux-nerds.org/
Now i flashed with win10 :-[ and now the image starts. 

But no Internet. I get no IP-Adress. Problem is solved. Serial console UART2 was the reason for the problem. Removing cables fix the problem. But i don't know why Huh
Update: Now i know Smile wrong connection from my uart2 cable was the problem.

Damage SDCard on screen... Huh  That can ignored.

waiting for next release..
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language

1. Quartz64 Model B, 4GB RAM

2. Quartz64 Model A, 4GB RAM

3. RockPro64 v2.1

https://linux-nerds.org/
(05-18-2018, 05:35 PM)tllim Wrote: The ROCKPro64 first stock Android 7.1.2 build released, and please download at PINE64 wiki site:
http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro...e_Releases

- This build support PINE64 7" LCD panel
- This is typical Android UI, not Android TV type
- This build doesn't have Google Play app and will include on next build

Could you post a image of this Android Release?    I am curious about : "This is typical Android UI, not Android TV type"
For the people running it, Please provide feedback! Is Android working correctly on the board? Able to download apps, Netflix, youtube, maps? Able to play audio, video, connect sata HDD with the sata expansion board? Usable as Android PC substitute? Any issues?
I installed this on my rockpro64 that arrived yesterday. There seems to be too much missing to make it usable. you have a browser and that seems to be it. camera if you have a camera installed. I tried to install netflix but I am not sure where to find the correct version that will work yet.
(07-17-2018, 10:14 PM)Dreven Wrote: For the people running it, Please provide feedback! Is Android working correctly on the board? Able to download apps, Netflix, youtube, maps? Able to play audio, video, connect sata HDD with the sata expansion board? Usable as Android PC substitute? Any issues?

I've dd the emmc version, which boots up fine (and quick) on the rockpro64.

BUT!  it looks like the PlaySttore functionality is not part of this image, so getting software added to this Android version is a real hassle.

Please add Playstore functionality! Smile
I'm very curious what will become of this android release.
I purchased my Rockpro64 to be used as a desktop system, but the one problem that I have with the Linux images is the lack of gpu driver....
What I've wanted to do with my Rock64 is run Android on it and take it on the road with me using my portable hdmi monitor,
but every Android release that I've tried is set up for AndroidTV, which I guess is great for people who like Netflix streaming...
But if the stupid Google play movies app would just let me download my movies to my SD card then I'd be happy.
So if someone could put together a regular standard Google Android release with all of the rockchip features enabled I'd be very happy!
(08-26-2018, 12:28 PM)MobileJAD Wrote: I'm very curious what will become of this android release.
I purchased my Rockpro64 to be used as a desktop system, but the one problem that I have with the Linux images is the lack of gpu driver....
What I've wanted to do with my Rock64 is run Android on it and take it on the road with me using my portable hdmi monitor,
but every Android release that I've tried is set up for AndroidTV, which I guess is great for people who like Netflix streaming...
But if the stupid Google play movies app would just let me download my movies to my SD card then I'd be happy.
So if someone could put together a regular standard Google Android release with all of the rockchip features enabled I'd be very happy!

There is an A 8.1 image on the way. I've put in a number of requests regarding this build and TL kindly relayed them to the engineer and saw to that they are implemented. I think that it will make for a good 'desktop' / TV experience.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

will the PCIe be available for Android? more so the PCIe to NVMe interface card?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difficulty installing Android on Rockpro64 spammycheese 0 2,685 02-17-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: spammycheese
  Using Android and the Playstore grobbs 0 2,590 06-04-2022, 12:18 AM
Last Post: grobbs
  Android TV miguelangelaj 2 2,881 06-03-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  Control Fan in Android miguelangelaj 2 2,364 06-03-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  Slash TV Android for RockPro64 Wizzard 12 10,785 04-24-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  DRM support in Android Wizzard 2 2,613 02-03-2022, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Johnmo89
  Install Playstore on Android 8.1.0 Domo 14 24,493 04-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Wizzard
  Install Playstore on Android 7.1.2 Domo 6 13,823 04-16-2021, 02:10 AM
  Kodi crashing in Android 9 Wizzard 2 3,930 04-16-2021, 02:03 AM
  Install Playstore on Android 9 image ddimension 18 27,466 02-13-2021, 12:52 AM
Last Post: chisteven