NextcloudPi on a Rock64
I have been working with the incredibly talented NachoParker to get NextcloudPi running on a Rock64 Board.

I am happy to say I have succeeded!

I am using the March 26th nightly version of Armbian Stretch for the Rock64. This is a testing version of Armbian so there may be some time before it's "stable".

I used Nacho's command line install script to install all the bits and pieces for NextcloudPi. So far, it's working well. Still need to do some testing and validate all the various functions are working properly.

I'll keep working with Nacho to get his going. I plan on putting together a tutorial once I have someting viable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi, thanks for the update :-)
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
What is/ was there to work on? I have Nextcloud running without issues for quite a while now (4GB R64 + 2TB HDD, SPI booting) and its super simple to do. I can confirm that the performance - granted the network is solid - is very good. 

Here is a good tutorial.

[Edit] Ah! didn't realise that NextcloudPi is an actual OS image. Whats the benefit of that tho ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-28-2018, 02:55 AM)Luke Wrote: What is/ was there to work on? I have Nextcloud running without issues for quite a while now (4GB R64 + 2TB HDD, SPI booting) and its super simple to do. I can confirm that the performance - granted the network is solid - is very good. 

Here is a good tutorial.

[Edit] Ah! didn't realise that NextcloudPi is an actual OS image. Whats the benefit of that tho ?

Luke,

NCP is available on SOME platforms as an image. I did not use the image, I used the install script.

NCP has a lot of "extra" features like DDNS support, backup support, and automated Let's Encrypt support, among others. I just need to make sure all those extras all function properly under Armbian Stretch.

Also need to wait until Armbian Stretch is a full release, right now it's in testing. I think that Nacho will build an image once Armbian is final. That just makes it VERY easy for a non-Linux person to install NCP.

You can follow NCP at the main website (www.ownyourbits.com) or on Nextcloud Support forums as it an officially supports branch of Nextcloud.

(03-28-2018, 08:31 PM)jsfrederick Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 02:55 AM)Luke Wrote: What is/ was there to work on? I have Nextcloud running without issues for quite a while now (4GB R64 + 2TB HDD, SPI booting) and its super simple to do. I can confirm that the performance - granted the network is solid - is very good. 

Here is a good tutorial.

Luke,

NCP is available on SOME platforms as an image.  I did not use the image, I used the install script.

NCP has a lot of "extra" features like DDNS support, backup support, and automated Let's Encrypt support, among others.  I just need to make sure all those extras all function properly under Armbian Stretch.

Also need to wait until Armbian Stretch is a full release, right now it's in testing. I think that Nacho will build an image once Armbian is final.  That just makes it VERY easy for a non-Linux person to install NCP.  

You can follow NCP at the main website (www.ownyourbits.com) or on Nextcloud Support forums as it an officially supports branch of Nextcloud.

There are several NextCloud developers involved in ROCK64 development and hopefully there is a NextCloud build image for ROCK64 soon.
The NextCloudPlus image for the Rock64 is out

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/ncp-image-f...ds/31530/1
(05-10-2018, 08:53 AM)nachoparker Wrote: The NextCloudPlus image for the Rock64 is out

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/ncp-image-f...ds/31530/1

Thanks on the great news.
Hello, this message is already in another thread but I have found this one more related to my problem (I would like to delete the same message in the other thread but couldn't as I am new to this forum and I don't have the access for it, so sorry about that) :

I have recently bought a Rock64 (2GB) and I have installed the NextcloudPi image for the Rock64 on the eMMC (via the official eMMC to USB adaptor).
I would like to plug a USB drive, but I have faced some issues (the drive is not well recognized). The main problem is that they are many partitions :

Code:
mtdblock0     31:0    0    4M  0 disk
mtdblock1     31:1    0  256K  0 disk
mmcblk0      179:0    0 14.5G  0 disk
mmcblk0p1    179:1    0 14.3G  0 part /
mmcblk0boot0 179:32   0    4M  1 disk
mmcblk0boot1 179:64   0    4M  1 disk
mmcblk0rpmb  179:96   0    4M  0 disk

There is already an issue open in github (see here : https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/issues/614) but I just would like to know if somebody have succeed to solve such similar problem ?

It could help both Nachoparker (the NextcloudPi developer), myself, and many other Rock64 users. Thank you very much !
(09-05-2018, 08:51 AM)prog-amateur Wrote: Hello, this message is already in another thread but I have found this one more related to my problem (I would like to delete the same message in the other thread but couldn't as I am new to this forum and I don't have the access for it, so sorry about that) :

I have recently bought a Rock64 (2GB) and I have installed the NextcloudPi image for the Rock64 on the eMMC (via the official eMMC to USB adaptor).
I would like to plug a USB drive, but I have faced some issues (the drive is not well recognized). The main problem is that they are many partitions :

Code:

There is already an issue open in github (see here : https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/issues/614) but I just would like to know if somebody have succeed to solve such similar problem ?

It could help both Nachoparker (the NextcloudPi developer), myself, and many other Rock64 users. Thank you very much !

Hey. I recently set up Nextcloud on one of my 4GB Rock64 boards and its performing extremely well. I tried the NextcloudPi image and I was not quite happy with the performance. It could be because the image is based on an older build from ayufan (0.6.4 IIRC) or because of a combination of other things - I do not know, not an expert.
In any case, I flashed uboot to SPI and Armbian (because of a slightly higher default SOC and RAM freq) to my HDD.
Then I basically followed this tutorial and adjusted where necessary. The one thing the tutorial is missing is enabling cache - which I highly recommend you do once the installation is done. The entire setup took me 30 min flat, including port-forwarding, installing the apps I wanted, etc.,

Its now been running for 3 weeks with occasional heavy load and I've not had any issues with it. I also had no issues with installing the app to mount my NAS as a folder, using Nextcloud Talk (is that what its called ?) with family and fetching/ uploading things from my phone as well as sharing them online.

I think the NextcloudPi project is amazing, but I suggest you give this a try until the performance and other issues get sorted.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(09-05-2018, 02:46 PM)Luke Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 08:51 AM)prog-amateur Wrote: Hello, this message is already in another thread but I have found this one more related to my problem (I would like to delete the same message in the other thread but couldn't as I am new to this forum and I don't have the access for it, so sorry about that) :

Code:

Hey. I recently set up Nextcloud on one of my 4GB Rock64 boards and its performing extremely well. I tried the NextcloudPi image and I was not quite happy with the performance. It could be because the image is based on an older build from ayufan (0.6.4 IIRC) or because of a combination of other things - I do not know, not an expert.
In any case, I flashed uboot to SPI and Armbian (because of a slightly higher default SOC and RAM freq) to my HDD.
Then I basically followed this tutorial and adjusted where necessary. The one thing the tutorial is missing is enabling cache - which I highly recommend you do once the installation is done. The entire setup took me 30 min flat, including port-forwarding, installing the apps I wanted, etc.,

Its now been running for 3 weeks with occasional heavy load and I've not had any issues with it. I also had no issues with installing the app to mount my NAS as a folder, using Nextcloud Talk (is that what its called ?) with family and fetching/ uploading things from my phone as well as sharing them online.

I think the NextcloudPi project is amazing, but I suggest you give this a try until the performance and other issues get sorted.

Thanks on the tips Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 No Audio @ Debian 12 dmitrymyadzelets 1 118 03-18-2024, 06:56 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Rock64 bricked shawwwn 7 5,463 03-17-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot luminosity7 10 3,871 03-16-2024, 08:33 AM
  Rock64 doesn't boot dstallmo 1 258 03-16-2024, 08:29 AM
  How well does Rock64 deal with HDR and Atmos on Kodi? drvlikhell 3 1,774 04-29-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: newestssd
  OpenWRT on the Rock64 CanadianBacon 12 7,812 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: arunkhan
  Rock64 board not working, no HDMI no Ethernet. EDited 3 3,403 01-17-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Flagtrax
  ROCK64 v3 can it boot from USB? Tsagualsa 4 1,977 11-29-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Macgyver
  rock64 v3 spiflash Macgyver 0 703 11-28-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Macgyver
  my rock64 dosen't work rookie_267 0 908 10-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: rookie_267