Can't burn a microSD! Taht works
I'm using windows 10, SDFomatter to erase SD (format adjustment ON). I have tried both etcher and Win32Diskimage. Only once did I get a bottable SD. I erased it because I wanted the desktop version. Since then, no image will boot up. I have ethernet hooked up, but it does show up an IPscanner, and I  my monitor nevers shows anything but a black screen.  What an I doing wrong?
I have burned/flashed all these images:

Armbian_5.41_Rock64_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.115_desktop
Armbian_5.41_Rock64_Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.4.115
artful-minimal-rock64-0.5.15-136-arm64
jessie-openmediavault-rock64-0.5.15-136-armhf
OMV_3_0_90_Pine64_4.13.10
stretch-mate-rock64-0.5.15-136-20171222-arm64

Without success. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?...crimony!!!
Maybe it is booting up but not displaying in the monitor.

Have you tried booting up the machine before turning on the monitor? Give it some seconds, and then turn on the monitor while the boot messages should be scrolling...

I have had the experience of the plugged monitor on hdmi not waking up on activity sometimes... another trick I have used to get the connected hdmi display to react is to switch between consoles with Fn+F2, Fn+F1 a couple of time.
Nope.
But ethernet is connected but it does not show up on the scanners...any of them.
I'll try!
Tried it...no luck.
It has to be with how it's flashing. I get errors saying bad disk after flashing. I get the same with Raspbians, but it's onkyone partition.
(03-26-2018, 09:32 AM)catsinheat Wrote: Tried it...no luck.
It has to be with how it's flashing. I get errors saying bad disk after flashing. I get the same with Raspbians, but it's onkyone partition.

I think you have your answer there, raspi have one small fat partition that basically is allmost irrelevant to boot the system, if the errors are on those sectors i can see why the raspis ignore the errored sectors and keep booting on that card...get another card, test it to be 100% sure its not a fake (there are a lot of fake SDs around, even from known sellers) then try again the whole process again...
If you use Etcher, and it fails to verify, you have a problem - either with the with the card reader/writer or the microSD - and I'd be suggesting the microSD. There's no need to use the SD Formatter, as you are writing the entire disk image, which typically will resize to fill the full card on first boot.

Do you get any activity from the ethernet lights... do they start blinking after being on for say 30-45 seconds (presuming you have a ethernet connection plugged in going to your router/switch/etc)? That's the other 'easy' way to see if it's booting but has no screen output... as it don't do anything until the ethernet drivers are loaded.
(03-28-2018, 12:14 AM)pfeerick Wrote: If you use Etcher, and it fails to verify, you have a problem - either with the with the card reader/writer or the microSD - and I'd be suggesting the microSD. There's no need to use the SD Formatter, as you are writing the entire disk image, which typically will resize to fill the full card on first boot.

Do you get any activity from the ethernet lights... do they start blinking after being on for say 30-45 seconds (presuming you have a ethernet connection plugged in going to your router/switch/etc)? That's the other 'easy' way to see if it's booting but has no screen output... as it don't do anything until the ethernet drivers are loaded.
I did finally get it working. I started with a brand new microSD card. But I still had the problem. The next day I reloaded some different images and they flashed fine. I'll use etcher the next time. I did try etcher before. So in the short term, it working. I did this to test Openmediavault and it working. thank you all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rock64 only works with 546 MB bionic-minimal-rock64-0.6.40-226-arm64 danjperron 2 3,703 02-17-2020, 01:37 PM
Last Post: danjperron
  MicroSD Speed? (UHS?) PoV 10 12,818 08-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Last Post: mcerveny
  Rock64 + XBox One X - 4K playback finally works!! S3phi40T 0 2,342 03-15-2018, 03:26 AM
Last Post: S3phi40T
  Dual boot microsd/eMMc? chitenavi 2 3,805 10-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: chitenavi
  Rock64 4K new board; test burn-in MarkHaysHarris777 12 13,230 09-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: stuartiannaylor