Android on emmc keep freezing, why?
Hello I have 4gb rock64 running following image of android on 16gb emmc:

Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [microSD Boot] [Rooted] [20171204]

It works pretty well sometimes however I keep getting constant freezes. These freezes happen when I am doing simple tasks like configuring rkmc settings or browsing play store for example. I have no choice but to unplug rock64 to get it working again it is very frustrating. What could be causing these freezes? As there be no reason that rock64 should be freezing like this especially when I'm only doing simple things that the hardware is more than capable of handling! 

Is there a better or more stable image than the one I'm using? I'm using rock64 as media player I just want nice stable rom that will allow me to do this but the constant freezing is driving me insane! I hope someone can help me! Thanks.
(03-21-2018, 09:46 AM)Nelly Wrote: Hello I have 4gb rock64 running following image of android on 16gb emmc:

Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [microSD Boot] [Rooted] [20171204]

It works pretty well sometimes however I keep getting constant freezes. These freezes happen when I am doing simple tasks like configuring rkmc settings or browsing play store for example. I have no choice but to unplug rock64 to get it working again it is very frustrating. What could be causing these freezes? As there be no reason that rock64 should be freezing like this especially when I'm only doing simple things that the hardware is more than capable of handling! 

Is there a better or more stable image than the one I'm using? I'm using rock64 as media player I just want nice stable rom that will allow me to do this but the constant freezing is driving me insane! I hope someone can help me! Thanks.
Hello, I have the same problem, to see if any can give us solution. I have tried again to flash the same image and it does not leave me, I get the error, "prepare IDB fail", even if I try to put another image I also get the same message. Flashing in an emmc following the manual with the androidtoolkit, the first time I work, but if I try to do it again with the same or another image, I get that error ...
Sorry to hear that I try to flash with android tool but the images didn't work (blank screen or stuck on android logo) but maybe I keep trying wrong images because I think they are labeled wrong I then learned about etcher and I found a post on here saying that I should try sd card image for emmc I used etcher with usb tool to flash sd card image to emmc and it work.

Just need to fix freezing issue and it will be perfect!
Still have freezing problem. Also boots into bootloader with rock64 logo instead of android around 30% of time only way to fix is to unplug. When I put to sleep to turns itself back on at random and gets stuck on green screen again can only fix by unplugging.

Is this a software issue? Did I flash wrong and is that causing problems? Did I flash the right rom? I don't know because no-one answer..
(04-02-2018, 01:26 PM)Nelly Wrote: Still have freezing problem. Also boots into bootloader with rock64 logo instead of android around 30% of time only way to fix is to unplug. When I put to sleep to turns itself back on at random and gets stuck on green screen again can only fix by unplugging.

Is this a software issue? Did I flash wrong and is that causing problems? Did I flash the right rom? I don't know because no-one answer..

From your description, seems like correct procedure.

Please try to use another microSD card to check whether the instability situation improve. Please don't atatched any USB device when try out and just nake sure not cause by other factor.
I flashed Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [microSD to eMMC] [Rooted] [20171204]
I had the android-7.1-rock-64-rock64_atv-v0.3.13-r115-raw.img on SD Card inserted by accident when i inserted the EmMC
The box did its thing then i got a notification to remove SD Card which i did and eventually the box booted up.
Hasn't missed a beat. No Freezes. Really fast.
Sorry to be so vague as i only had this rock64 for 3 weeks.
Very confused at first with the operating systems available.
Same here,

Stock rooted sdd>mmc is the only image kinda stable on my 4GB rock64.

I say kinda stable as it will freeze if if i don't go slow scrolling in Play Music.
Chrome will also crash it fairly quick, though FF seems ok.

Anyone know of any non-Pine roms that will run?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 Android Oreo 8.1 TV-Install adventures (Now Android 9.0) Rocklobster 5 5,104 08-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  How do I prepare/put Android on an SD card using etcher cdotsubo3000 3 5,908 06-27-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android and SD Card gigagames 2 4,477 06-27-2021, 02:38 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android Images (ROCK64) pineadmin 73 166,819 05-04-2021, 01:58 AM
Last Post: zet_lab
  Android 9.0 and Pluto on Rock64-1G missdeenola 1 3,946 03-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  broken android microsd images jbach50 1 3,428 01-16-2021, 09:57 PM
Last Post: jimsurvak
  Android on Rock64 SD Problem ElBoluTony 3 5,888 10-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Last Post: ElBoluTony
  Error! Android Rockchip tools method BowerR64 0 2,528 09-18-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BowerR64
Lightbulb Any older versions of Android for the Rock64? BowerR64 2 4,640 09-18-2020, 07:58 PM
  Can't boot android 9 on rock64 maks2204 5 8,632 09-09-2020, 08:44 AM