New Raspberry PI 3 B+ ...Rock64 still better:D
There was new Raspberry model presented.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ras...el-b-plus/

Not going into details but there is 4 core 1.4ghz CPU, WI-Fi 5ghz supported and 1gb LAN.
...BUUUUUUUUUT LAN is still throttled by USB 2.0 so peed is up to 300mb/s and I assume only IF you won't connect anything else (like HDD).
Throttled LAN and lack of USB 3.0 was main reason I first bought Delock 1gb LAN USB 3.0 adapter and eventually switched to Rock64. It looks then don't learn on their mistakes. 

Rock64 is still way beefier than RPI Big Grin
5ghz Wi-FI can always be connected via USB.
(03-15-2018, 03:48 AM)S3phi40T Wrote: There was new Raspberry model presented.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ras...el-b-plus/

Not going into details but there is 4 core 1.4ghz CPU, WI-Fi 5ghz supported and 1gb LAN.
...BUUUUUUUUUT LAN is still throttled by USB 2.0 so peed is up to 300mb/s and I assume only IF you won't connect anything else (like HDD).
Throttled LAN and lack of USB 3.0 was main reason I first bought Delock 1gb LAN USB 3.0 adapter and eventually switched to Rock64. It looks then don't learn on their mistakes. 

Rock64 is still way beefier than RPI Big Grin
5ghz Wi-FI can always be connected via USB.

Google Translate : 

After all I think that ROCK 64 is good. About the evolution of B + this time, I do not think it changed so much. Although it is CPU clock up, I think that the difference of 200 MHz can not be experienced so much. (There is no substitute for being Cortex A - 53 ...) Power supply type - C is not yet done, USB3.0 is not equipping as usual. "Perhaps ROCK 64 will become easier to use than OS optimization.The price has not changed so much, so Linux has some knowledge and it is used for applications that do not use GPU such as playing high quality video In case, I recommend ROCK 64.

やはり私は、ROCK64が良いと思います。今回のB+の進化についてですが、あまり変わったようには思えません。CPUのクロックアップですが、200メガヘルツの差はあまり体感できないと思います。(コルテックス A-53であることには代わりはない。。。)電源のType-C化もまだですし、USB3.0も相変わらず装備していません。"恐らく、OSの最適化よりどんどんROCK64も使いやすくなっていくでしょう。価格もあまり変わっていないので、Linuxにある程度の知識があり、高画質なビデオを再生したりなどGPUを使わない用途の場合、私はROCK64をおすすめします。
You probably won't get much disagreement on this forum, especially since this B+ 'update' is rather disappointing by any standard. Its still the grandpa that started the SBC family, so lets be nice to the old man Wink
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Rock64 is still the king!
Even new Raspberry looks pale in front of it.
Maybe hardware-wise, but i have to say that installing/using f.e. LibreElec and such on Rock64, RPI wins :-)
(03-23-2018, 12:01 PM)k0Lm_ Wrote: Maybe hardware-wise, but i have to say that installing/using f.e. LibreElec and such on Rock64, RPI wins :-)
RPI has bigger community and officially supported Raspbian that is base for most modified distros.
For Rock64 officialy supported system is android not Linux hence we have to wait for Ayufan's releases in his free time. Also Rock is not as popular as RPI.

I use media center all the way around and I find installation and configuration easy peasy with OMV build.
Rock with OMV build hosts SMB and NFS.
2 Xboxes as a clients with VLC and Kodi or Plex (but I swapped from Plex to Kodi).
Works for me and my daughter like a charm and finally I can stream 4K content!!!!
Using GPIO, Raspberry Pi is still on top, I guess most of you know why.. more than 12 million units sold in 6 years, no comparison. Many hands to get software to work. But hey, I cannot see a better small computer than the Rock64 with 4GB RAM in years to come. I could bring the rock64 at work, connect via SSH, VNC and do work like on a big computer, all day long using the ayufan Xenial Mate image. Users can't do that with Raspberry Pi yet. I've used MinnowBoards, Cubieboards, Odroids... they were fast but nowhere near the Rock64 as for versatility. Friends in IT are amazed when I show them the Rock64 as a "REAL" desktop computer that fits in your hand.
(04-03-2018, 02:25 PM)Shak7 Wrote: Using GPIO, Raspberry Pi is still on top, I guess most of you know why.. more than 12 million units sold in 6 years, no comparison. Many hands to get software to work. But hey, I cannot see a better small computer than the Rock64 with 4GB RAM in years to come. I could bring the rock64 at work, connect via SSH, VNC and do work like on a big computer, all day long using the ayufan Xenial Mate image. Users can't do that with Raspberry Pi yet. I've used MinnowBoards, Cubieboards, Odroids... they were fast but nowhere near the Rock64 as for versatility. Friends in IT are amazed when I show them the Rock64 as a "REAL" desktop computer that fits in your hand.

GPIO is coming along tho

(04-03-2018, 03:32 PM)Luke Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 02:25 PM)Shak7 Wrote: Using GPIO, Raspberry Pi is still on top, I guess most of you know why.. more than 12 million units sold in 6 years, no comparison. Many hands to get software to work. But hey, I cannot see a better small computer than the Rock64 with 4GB RAM in years to come. I could bring the rock64 at work, connect via SSH, VNC and do work like on a big computer, all day long using the ayufan Xenial Mate image. Users can't do that with Raspberry Pi yet. I've used MinnowBoards, Cubieboards, Odroids... they were fast but nowhere near the Rock64 as for versatility. Friends in IT are amazed when I show them the Rock64 as a "REAL" desktop computer that fits in your hand.

GPIO is coming along tho

Thanks for the link! Tried it with some LED and everything works well.
(04-04-2018, 06:02 AM)Shak7 Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 03:32 PM)Luke Wrote:

GPIO is coming along tho

Thanks for the link! Tried it with some LED and everything works well.

Yea, she's done a great job on the GPIO.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 No Audio @ Debian 12 dmitrymyadzelets 1 114 03-18-2024, 06:56 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Rock64 bricked shawwwn 7 5,453 03-17-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot luminosity7 10 3,864 03-16-2024, 08:33 AM
  Rock64 doesn't boot dstallmo 1 255 03-16-2024, 08:29 AM
  How well does Rock64 deal with HDR and Atmos on Kodi? drvlikhell 3 1,771 04-29-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: newestssd
  OpenWRT on the Rock64 CanadianBacon 12 7,794 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: arunkhan
  Rock64 board not working, no HDMI no Ethernet. EDited 3 3,399 01-17-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Flagtrax
  ROCK64 v3 can it boot from USB? Tsagualsa 4 1,974 11-29-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Macgyver
  rock64 v3 spiflash Macgyver 0 703 11-28-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Macgyver
  my rock64 dosen't work rookie_267 0 907 10-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: rookie_267