SD Card (W10 IoT)
Hello folks,

I've been playing with my A64+ for the last few days.... for some reason, whenever I leave my A64 "alone" for a few hours, it reboots (this is just an educated guess) and enters some kind of maintenance mode: if I connect it to a monitor, it shows the "usual" spinning gears. However, it never gets out of it (or at least, it doesn't in 32 hours). Power cycling does not help - the next boot is always to spinning gears, unless (of course) I re-flash the SD-Card.
I've tried 3 times with two different cards - same thing. Examining the SD, I've seen that in fact widows did resize the data partition to reclaim the unused space at the end of the card. Tonight I'm going to give it another spin, but this time I've expanded the partition on my PC right after re-flashing the ffu. I'm using IoT Dashboard to do the flashing (in case it matters).
What I'd like to know is..... Is this an expected behavior? Did any of you experience the same thing?
(03-08-2018, 04:30 AM)zio69 Wrote: "Tonight I'm going to give it another spin, but this time I've expanded the partition on my PC right after re-flashing the ffu"

Despite that, this morning I was greeted by the same old spinning gears. The wi-fi usb adapter is not flashing (which isn't exactly a surprise) but if I connect the board to my lan the activity led does flash (which possibly means nothing, since there's a ton of other stuff - possibly some broadcast packet?). Nevertheless nothing happens: the progress bar on screen does not... err... progress. Only viable solution (so far) is re-flashing. The little guy did work like a charm with remix-os, hence I don't think it's a hardware issue. Any hint??? Should I switch to RPI??

Edit: I thoroughly inspected the SD card. Turns out that there's an update that, much to my regret, my A64 is unable to install. I edited the BCD and now W10 boots just fine. However, I'm afraid that tonight at 23:30 (default time for upates), it will try again to install that update. Does anyone know how I can prevent that????? As an alternative, I'm more than willing to deploy the WIN myself..... except I'm not sure how to do that. Is there any Allwinner guru on hand???
I have tried 3 different ffu files and never get past the spinning wheel on Getting things ready page.
I really want to be able to use IOT on the Pine for many reasons.
Where can i find the most up to date version? Eventually per a commercialization thing with Microsoft a custom ffu has to be built also.
Will there be a way to get the necessary files for this?
(03-16-2018, 12:41 PM)chrmac72 Wrote: I have tried 3 different ffu files and never get past the spinning wheel on Getting things ready page.
Where can i find the most up to date version? Eventually per a commercialization thing with Microsoft a custom ffu has to be built also.

It seems the Pine A64 is dead. Support for it on any OS has basically disappeared.
(07-19-2018, 10:43 PM)KNERD Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 12:41 PM)chrmac72 Wrote: I have tried 3 different ffu files and never get past the spinning wheel on Getting things ready page.

It seems the Pine A64 is dead. Support for it on any OS has basically disappeared.

The various OS builds have been posted on PINE64 wiki site: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

However, there is no further development on the Windows IoT front.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Windows iot 10 SD card:) 7emey 0 4,229 11-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Last Post: 7emey