Recover stock 7.1.2 on SD
After few days of running the box stopped booting from SD card. It keeps "android" message on the screen and nothing happens.
Are there any way to recover from this state except rewriting the SD with clean new image ?
What is the recovery button for?
Probably a poor/ counterfeit SD card. You can try to debug and see whats causing the hang-up, but I don't think its worth the time.
The recoverybutton can perform a few different functions, but the most obvious one is flashing to eMMC using rkflashtool.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thank you, Luke
Sad news. That was popular kingston of class 10. Will look at alternatives.
Small question. When using USB to eMMC adaptor which images should i take?
Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] ?
(02-28-2018, 07:47 AM)AlexS Wrote: Small question. When using USB to eMMC adaptor which images should i take?
Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] ?

Any SD image Smile (I know its confusing, and will get on with editing it sometime this week)
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Wow. Once you know this it's not confusing anymore. Thanks again
Some more observations with my SD card:
It does not seem to have any problems with ATV image of v0.3.13-r115, but the same set of applications put the stock Android 7.1.2 into unbootable state after a few minutes of usage. The set is Lazy IPTV + MX Player Pro. I suspect Lazy IPTV is the source of the problem. It downloads large IPTV playlist and maintains an internal EPG database locally.
It's quite confusing that i can't install google chrome broser to ATV version. Actually i can but it does not appear on the launch
screen - i can start it only from Settings/Apps/Chrome/start

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Android ( Stock or TV version ) rooted image please !!! AngelfromSpain 3 6,181 06-17-2020, 10:01 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Stock Android Oreo 8.1 release tllim 49 80,925 04-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Pepe
Photo how to build Stock Android Oreo 8.1 from source code for rock64? frankwz 4 6,086 03-17-2019, 08:06 AM
Last Post: shripal17
  how to get root for Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] el_gringo 1 3,227 03-02-2018, 04:50 AM
Last Post: el_gringo