LCD Upgrade
I don't think it is that particular about the model number either. Last night I took a random 14in 30pin LCD I had bought for a Pi-Top CEED and plugged in and it fired up just fine. Just need to make sure teh 30pin connector is in a similar location since the cable doesn't leave a lot of room for adjustment.
(01-09-2019, 08:35 AM)WZ9V Wrote: I don't think it is that particular about the model number either.  Last night I took a random 14in 30pin LCD I had bought for a Pi-Top CEED and plugged in and it fired up just fine.  Just need to make sure teh 30pin connector is in a similar location since the cable doesn't leave a lot of room for adjustment.

Well, I ordered the exact model you referred to. I did that, because I hate hardware inconsistencies. My Pinebooks run different screens, so I have to have two different Kernels. If I have them both on 1080p, I can keep them in sync.
I have slight OCD - I know. All of my ESXi hosts run on the same CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Controllers (AMD on Gigabyte), all my Desktops run on the same i7 config ... makes life easier.
... and I ran into severe problems.
It seems, the two half shells that contain the display are glued together at the bottom. Don't know why they are clipped together on the other three edges, but the bottom/hinge edge seems to be glued.
WTF?
How can I now change the LCD panel?
There is a bottom piece between the hinges that sticks out and can be popped off. Under that you will find all the screws that make you think it’s glued together.

PM Nierika he had one with a broken screen I was going to take but it sounds like you need it more.

See his thread here, https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77
I took mine apart yesterday, It's screwed together. the wifi antenna is also attached to the screen as well. The camera cable is attached to the same cable as the display. I have an iFixIt kit, some of the tools helped open the LCD housing after I took the screws out.

The cable from the Pinebook LCD fits the DSI jack on a raspberry pi 3b, but it didn't show any thing on boot.

The display is embedded DisplayPort, hope this helps
Working as a Film Electric and I have been using Linux since around 2002. 
Like to play with Python and Jupyter Lab/Notebooks when not going to the park with my baby girl.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replace/Upgrade trackpad tophneal 6 10,471 01-10-2020, 02:30 AM
Last Post: karlitos
  pinebook to pro upgrade path? dhosh 13 18,032 11-14-2019, 11:25 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  RAM upgrade? frank-zappa 4 10,377 05-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Last Post: aproximation
  emmc upgrade Erik 1 3,318 10-23-2017, 08:17 AM
Last Post: erchache2000
  upgrade paths? schepers_cp 5 5,893 08-23-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: machinehum