Onboard IR receiver
Hi!

I'm unable to find any info about how to start using the onboard IR receiver on the Rock64 on linux.

Can you point me to some info on this subject?
Bump!

I don't need a detailed tutorial, but giving me a GPIO pin to which the IR receiver is connected or where do I put a dt_overlay setting, or something of this sort which gives me a direction would be welcome.
The device tree node below should enable the IR receiver.

Code:
ir-receiver {
    compatible = "gpio-ir-receiver";
    gpios = <&gpio2 RK_PA2 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
    linux,rc-map-name = "rc-pine64";
    pinctrl-0 = <&ir_int>;
    pinctrl-names = "default";
    status = "okay";
};
See https://github.com/Kwiboo/linux-rockchip...#L108-L115
Thanks a lot!

I failed multiple times using only the info you gave me and what I gathered from around the internet about device trees. Still, I learned that by using dtc to output the default dtb in dts format and using the latest debian stretch from ayufan (stretch-minimal-rock64-0.6.23-189-arm64.img), there actually is an ir-receiver:

Code:
       ir-receiver {
               compatible = "gpio-ir-receiver";
               pinctrl-0 = <0x8b>;
               pinctrl-names = "default";
               status = "okay";
       };

So my question is - how do I add the missing node properties without using variables? I know hardcoding values is bad style, but I think this would be the easiest approach for me. In other words, how do I manually convert for example:

Code:
<&gpio2 RK_PA2 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>

Into a value like:

Code:
<0x8b>

My idea is to do that for all the missing/differing properties:

Code:
   gpios = <&gpio2 RK_PA2 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
   linux,rc-map-name = "rc-pine64";
   pinctrl-0 = <&ir_int>;

And then to compile the patched dts into dtb and overwrite the current dtb.

I'm lost in the sources in your github, I obviously don't understand enough (or, well, anything) about device trees, etc. so I will once again be very thankful for any help and direction.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Migrate Linux from microSD to onboard eMMC elik745i 7 9,809 11-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Last Post: mara
  Onboard LEDs connected to the RK805-1 out1 and out2 GPIO pins prof7bit 8 6,561 03-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: prof7bit