Im lost
Hey guys,

So i got my pine64 2gb, and wanted to play around with it a little bit.
But i only saw that there is a just a official archlinux distro. So i installled that and but none of the tutorials i found works with archlinux. Is there a fully working version of ubuntu ? 

I tried longsleeps version but it doesnt even let me change my keyboard layout(german) so i cant use that.

btw my goal is to install a plex server(and/or using the pine64 as a "nas") and jdownloader2. Also i want to be able to access to my pine from my desktop.

I hope you understand how lost i am Big Grin

Also PLEASE give us noobs some more tutorials Smile

(04-05-2016, 02:58 AM)Luke Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 05:54 PM)eender Wrote: Hey guys,

So i got my pine64 2gb, and wanted to play around with it a little bit.
But i only saw that there is a just a official archlinux distro. So i installled that and but none of the tutorials i found works with archlinux. Is there a fully working version of ubuntu ? 

I tried longsleeps version but it doesnt even let me change my keyboard layout(german) so i cant use that.

btw my goal is to install a plex server(and/or using the pine64 as a "nas") and jdownloader2. Also i want to be able to access to my pine from my desktop.

I hope you understand how lost i am Big Grin

Also PLEASE give us noobs some more tutorials Smile

Hey!

If you want Ubuntu then download the img from : https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/l...es/ubuntu/

*You will need to burn it using win32diskimager or dd on mac or linux (let me know if you dont know how to burn an img - I'll guide you though). 
*After the image boots type in the credentials (ubuntu,ubuntu) and head over to /usr/local/sbin
*run './resize_rootfs.sh' to resize your partition. 
*if you want the mate desktop then run './install_mate_desktop.sh' (and go and get something to eat and drink - this will take more than an hr to install); Once it is installed, restart the pine and you should see the greeter.   
*if you want a different desktop then specify which please

[edit] you can ssh into your pine running Ubuntu using: ssh ubuntu@pine64_Local_ip_address 

Hey!

If you want Ubuntu then download the img from : https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/l...es/ubuntu/

*You will need to burn it using win32diskimager or dd on mac or linux (let me know if you dont know how to burn an img - I'll guide you though). 
*After the image boots type in the credentials (ubuntu,ubuntu) and head over to /usr/local/sbin
*if you want the mate desktop then run './install_mate_desktop.sh' (and go and get something to eat and drink - this will take more than an hr to install); Once it is installed, restart the pine and you should see the greeter.   

[edit] you can ssh into your pine running Ubuntu using: ssh ubuntu@pine64_Local_ip_address 
Thank you! I already burned my sd card with that same image.
how can i change the keyboard layout ? Because my keyboard is a german one, and so its a guessing game which key means what letter on screen.
(04-05-2016, 04:07 AM)eender Wrote: Thank you! I already burned my sd card with that same image.
how can i change the keyboard layout ? Because my keyboard is a german one, and so its a guessing game which key means what letter on screen.
This is an Ubuntu question, not specific to the Pine64+, so a quick Google Search something like "Ubuntu keyboard layout command line" without the quotes, should find you that information.
(04-05-2016, 04:07 AM)eender Wrote:

Hey!

After installing Mate go to -> keyboard preferences -> layouts ->  +add -> German
If you have the notifications applet pinned to your bar then you will be able to switch between the layouts :Smile
You can also add the accessibility applet - but that is less convenient.

[edit] it will look like in the picture (look at the cursor)
[edit 2] see here for how you can change it in the terminal: http://askubuntu.com/questions/434849/ch...english-us

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-05-2016, 04:27 AM)Luke Wrote:

Hey!

After installing Mate go to -> keyboard preferences -> layouts ->  +add -> German
If you have the notifications applet pinned to your bar then you will be able to switch between the layouts :Smile

[edit 2] see here for how you can change it in the terminal: http://askubuntu.com/questions/434849/ch...english-us
Man thank you!!! So awesome of you. For some reason i did all that Keyboard configuration but it simply didnt apply. But i guessed the right keys to resize and Install mate. Now i can change everything much easier Smile

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
(04-05-2016, 05:09 AM)eender Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 04:27 AM)Luke Wrote:

Hey!

Man thank you!!!  So awesome of you. For some reason i did all that Keyboard configuration but it simply didnt apply. But i guessed the right keys to resize and Install mate. Now i can change everything much easier Smile

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Glad I could help Smile
If you are thinking of Arch Linux, please see the Beginners guide for Arch at: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners%27_guide