Pinebook stopped working completely
I have been using my Pinebook just fine for several months and yesterday it did something odd. The screen appeared to have interference like you were looking at it thru a screen door. At the same time I noticed the current temp was missing from the clock area in the upper right (I am using the latest version of Mate). So I restarted it, but it never came back after the restart. I had been using it plugged in and the battery was over 70% charged when this happened.

I can long press the power button and force it off. I have powered it back on and the green power led comes on, it appears the back light to the screen comes on, but that's it, no Pinebook boot-up screen or anything. I thought maybe the install got hosed up so I tried to boot-up from MicroSD, but it won't do that either. I pulled the back off and disconnected the battery for a while, plugged it back in and same results. I tried this several times. Also I carefully re-seated the cable connectors on the mainboard and re-seated the EMMC itself.

I left it powered off and unplugged over night. Plugged it in this morning and the red led by the power connector came on for a while. After about 2 hours I tried to power it on and the same thing happened. It looks like it will be powering up as the back light for the screen comes on and the green led comes on. but nothing ever happens after that. No Pinebook boot-up screen or anything.

Did my Pinebook die? Huh

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Well the lack of response kind of makes me think it died. Anybody in the Denver, CO area interested in buying a mint condition 64GB EMMC Pinebook for parts?
if you are interested, you can buy the boards for $45 in the store
I don't mean to complain, but $31 shipping on that tiny little package!? Shipping + the price of the board and we are quickly approaching the price of an entire new Pinebook.
Maybe Tl Lim can ship a mainboard from the US? From what you tried already, I don't have any more suggestions as what to try...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(01-02-2018, 12:18 PM)n3rDy Wrote: I don't mean to complain, but $31 shipping on that tiny little package!? Shipping + the price of the board and we are quickly approaching the price of an entire new Pinebook.

yeah, that's way overboard. last time i ordered shipping was $7. are you using dhl?
@xalius that would be great if it could happen.

@dkryder it doesn't give me any other options other than DHL, even after I enter in my shipping information it still says DHL $31.
yeah, it looks like it is giving you the laptop shipping package rate , that sucks. what is really a joke is if you put that cable in the cart alone it still charges the $31 dhl shipping for just the cable. i'd say they need to work on that cart a bit.
(01-02-2018, 02:21 PM)n3rDy Wrote: @xalius that would be great if it could happen.

@dkryder it doesn't give me any other options other than DHL, even after I enter in my shipping information it still says DHL $31.

Unless purchase the how notebook with include the Lithium Battery, we can not using EMS service. However, if only for the main board or other items that not involve Lithium Battery, the shipping charge should be $7 to US.
@tllim I just tried it again and I still don't see an option for anything other than the $31 shipping.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinebook 1080p power/barrel connector/cable cel 0 496 08-03-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: cel
  eMMC compatible with Pinebook leperotero 0 1,321 07-19-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: leperotero
Heart [solved] Anyone selling their Pinebook? feyn 0 1,168 07-11-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: feyn
  Move PB Pro eMMC 128 GB to Pinebook 11 1080p petet0n76 1 1,563 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  UART switch Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 3 3,216 01-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Exclamation "6" Key direly needed for 11" Pinebook Corkonian 1 2,529 09-25-2021, 12:03 AM
  Pinebook 14 " Battery Swollen/Bulged billjon 1 3,536 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM
Last Post: barray
  touchpad on pinebook issues? ron_burgundy 14 13,505 12-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Pinebook doesn't charge anymore Reinoud 0 2,631 08-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Reinoud
Information How To Setup Serial Console Cable Over the Pinebook MarkHaysHarris777 4 22,686 07-02-2020, 06:33 PM