Linux Kernal Development - BETA Boards
If you are a kernal developer, please post here your interest in working with our team and factory to port Linux OS like CentOS, Ubuntu, etc over to PINE64. Please use this thread to post interest in working with beta boards only and if you are available to help expedite the port process. 

Thank You
Can you share Git repository URL's for Kernel and Bootloader as? This also leads to the the question how the device is booted, do you have documentation and is there be a proprietary bootcode blob similar to other allwinner boards script.bin?

Also, have you thought about mainlining patches for Kernel and U-Boot?
While I have very little experience modifying a kernel for a new board, it's something I've always wanted to learn. As [longsleep@gmail.com] mentioned if you have any documentation relating to your board or a git hub I'll take a look and see if I can assist. I've worked mostly with CentOS 5 and 6. I'm still trying to figure out some of the changes in CentOS 7.
Well i did some research and it seems like it is as shitty as always with Allwinner based SOC boards.

Things to read:
http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic...#entry3173
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...e_UhiO00t8
http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/10/a...ent-517449

Unfortunatly the wiki page for the SOC has not be completed yet: http://linux-sunxi.org/A64 - I suggest that Pine64 should follow http://linux-sunxi.org/New_Device_howto closely asap.

There might be some use for the board even without hardware acceleration and video decoding, as it is 64bit.

I understand this forum is probably more for Pine64 users rather than developers, but can you please share your plans regarding Linux support with us.

Thanks!
Putting my U-Boot maintainer hat on, I'd really like to help make sure this is a viable platform and a success overall.
Hi,

I can help in porting the linux to these boards. I have worked on arm V7 boards - uboot/linux.
Let me know how to get on this.

-Fredrick
Hi there, 

I'm happy to help the porting process and have extensive experience in both Linux/android and Windows development as well as general programming and app development (java,  c/c++, php, web Dev, assembler etc etc).  Also, I will be buying one of the $89 touchscreen A64+ models as well for my own use so I see it as being in my best interest to make sure that the board lives upto it's expectations. 

I was thinking that first of all a stable method of booting multiple OS's on the a64 would be beneficial (so that people who want to code in Linux and then try out their apps on Android for example) can do so from one device with relative ease. Also it'll make porting quicker if we can go from one Linux OS to the one we're porting whilst it's in alpha to make quick changes to code/configuration files etc. Also a boot manager with support for Windows IOT if the pine will support it would also be a good idea too. I've had a brief look into uboot and it does appear to be a good starting point, even more so if it will handle booting to android and a Microsoft OS with some adjustment. 

Let me know what you need and i'll do my best to help! 

David (Kommander)

Also, as I'm Director of an IT software development company I'm happy do do any development that requires access to confidential code bases and sign the associated NDA's where necessary. I realise that some code is provided to yourselves as system builders confidentially, however it ties our hands somewhat without access to certain low level code. As someone in the business so to speak I'm happy to do what I can to bridge the gap. 

Hope that is useful in some way, 

Kommander
Hi,
I can offer help on Linux driver porting. I have experience with sdio, USB and i2c. Please let me know how can I help

Thank you
(12-19-2015, 03:56 AM)jj@pine64 Wrote: If you are a kernal developer, please post here your interest in working with our team and factory to port Linux OS like CentOS, Ubuntu, etc over to PINE64. Please use this thread to post interest in working with beta boards only and if you are available to help expedite the port process. 

Thank You

Hi,

I'm a linux kernel engineer with experience in working with the mainline community. I'm maintainer of the mediatk SoCs in the Linux kernel and I was the first to bring support for their SoC to the official Linux kernel.

Apart from that I'm working for SUSE and with my colleague we are interested to port openSUSE to the pine64.

please get in contact with me to see how we can collaborate on this.

Matthias
I'd like to get in on helping the port. I've tinkered with Kernel edits in the past, but have never done a port. Something new to try.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEMS Linux 1.5 Released for A64/A64+, A64-LTS/SOPine, Rock64, RockPro64 (NAGIOS) Baldnerd 4 9,071 03-28-2020, 06:20 PM
Last Post: ty1911
  Howto run Linux with resolution other than 1080p longsleep 28 65,587 06-13-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Nilda
  NEMS Linux for Pine A64 (+) Luke 1 5,019 05-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Post: pineadmin
  Pine Board using linux stuck during boot sequence ktaragorn 4 8,042 03-30-2019, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ktaragorn
  Gentoo Linux test image xalius 23 47,860 01-28-2019, 11:05 PM
Last Post: necrose99
  +LTS/SOPINE +PINEBOOK Mainline Armbian for A64 boards Luke 0 2,526 01-12-2019, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Real-time linux kernel Artyom 45 70,811 09-11-2018, 01:08 AM
Last Post: zzwpine
  linux distribution hazerty 3 6,001 04-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  Linux Web Server OS harcrow 2 5,708 01-30-2018, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Rustproof
  eta linux image?? firosiro 1 3,982 08-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: pfeerick