Somebody can help me?
Thanks
(12-15-2017, 06:32 AM)elultimocarajote Wrote: Rock64+android
Usb3.0 does not work
Usb 2.0 working.

Somebody can help me?
Thanks

Why USB 3.0 doesn't work?

I have using the USB 3/0 HDD and pendrive everyday and works well.

What type of USB 3.0 drive that you plan to attached? Please make sure that your device doesn't draw more than 900mA current.
(12-18-2017, 12:45 AM)tllim Wrote:
Usb3.0 does not work
Usb 2.0 working.

Somebody can help me?
Thanks

What type of USB 3.0 drive that you plan to attached? Please make sure that your device doesn't draw more than 900mA current.

----------------------------
The problem appears when i switch  usb2.0 (bluetooth keyboard) and usb3.0 hdd.

When i connect both in usb2.0 everything works fine.

thanks
(12-26-2017, 03:42 PM)elultimocarajote Wrote:
Usb3.0 does not work
Usb 2.0 working.

Somebody can help me?
Thanks

thanks

I have this issue as well. Earlier I had posted that I was having issues with my Rock64 4Gb board being very sluggish in Lakka and Android. It is my USB 3 port causing it, but mainly in conjunction with USB 2. If I only use USB 3 with my 4-port hub and plug everything into that, it all works perfectly. Things run very smoothly. But as soon as I plug in a USB 2 device (controller, flash drive, etc...) my Rock64 board gets extremely slow and laggy. 

Likewise, if I plug in my USB 2 4-port hub and plug everything into that (including anything USB 3) my Rock64 runs very smooth. As soon as I plug in a USB 3 device in the USB 3 port, it gets very laggy. 

So, like this:

USB2 in correct port: works
USB3 in correct port: works
USB2 in USB3 port: works
USB3 in USB2 port: works
USB2 in correct port + USB3 in correct port: lags system badly
USB3 in USB2 port + USB2 in USB3 port: works (Because all ports act as USB2 now)

I genuinely don't know what's going on here. It happens only in Android and in Lakka, but these are the only operating systems I've tried. I don't remember having this issue on previous builds (non-rooted) of Android, but I also haven't gotten around to trying an older build yet. 

Build info:
Rock64 4GB board w/heatsinks and fan
Rock64 PSU from Pine64
Android on 32Gb eMMC
Lakka on SD
Physical switch for dual-boot purposes (saves having to remove the jumper!)
Modified Raspberry Pi 3 case w/fan

Things I've tried to troubleshoot:
Single booting each OS
Removing the USB hubs from the picture
Several different USB2/3 cables and devices
Removing the fan from the GPIO power pins

Things I intend to try and will update later:
An older build of Android
A different Linux based OS from Lakka 
???
(12-31-2017, 08:41 AM)dudemo Wrote:
Usb3.0 does not work
Usb 2.0 working.

Somebody can help me?
Thanks

thanks

I have this issue as well. Earlier I had posted that I was having issues with my Rock64 4Gb board being very sluggish in Lakka and Android. It is my USB 3 port causing it, but mainly in conjunction with USB 2. If I only use USB 3 with my 4-port hub and plug everything into that, it all works perfectly. Things run very smoothly. But as soon as I plug in a USB 2 device (controller, flash drive, etc...) my Rock64 board gets extremely slow and laggy. 

Likewise, if I plug in my USB 2 4-port hub and plug everything into that (including anything USB 3) my Rock64 runs very smooth. As soon as I plug in a USB 3 device in the USB 3 port, it gets very laggy. 

So, like this:

USB3 in USB2 port + USB2 in USB3 port: works (Because all ports act as USB2 now)

I genuinely don't know what's going on here. It happens only in Android and in Lakka, but these are the only operating systems I've tried. I don't remember having this issue on previous builds (non-rooted) of Android, but I also haven't gotten around to trying an older build yet. 

Build info:
Rock64 PSU from Pine64
Android on 32Gb eMMC
Lakka on SD

Single booting each OS

???
My takes is due to HDD power consumption behaviors if the HDD is 2.5" portable type. I have an USB 3.0 2TB 2.5" HDD that also has some funny behavior that like to enter into standby by no reason, it always has different behaviors on different USB ports either on PC or SBC. However, once I use the USB 2.0 cable, it behave normally.
(12-31-2017, 03:15 PM)tllim Wrote:
Usb3.0 does not work
Usb 2.0 working.

Somebody can help me?
Thanks

thanks

So, like this:

Build info:
Rock64 PSU from Pine64
Android on 32Gb eMMC
Lakka on SD

Single booting each OS

???
My takes is due to HDD power consumption behaviors if the HDD is 2.5" portable type. I have an USB 3.0 2TB 2.5" HDD that also has some funny behavior that like to enter into standby by no reason, it always has different behaviors on different USB ports either on PC or SBC. However, once I use the USB 2.0 cable, it behave normally.
No, my hubs and drives are all externally powered, so that isn't the issue. They're full size 3.5" drives with a powered external enclosure. Power isn't the issue. Likewise, my drives have different input ports for USB3 than my USB2 drives, so I cannot use a USB2 cable. All I can do is plug into the USB2 port.

Power isn't the issue, I'm certain of this. Somehow, USB3 does NOT work at all (and lags the SBC bad) when USB2 is also used. If I cannot figure it out, I'll simply use the device as USB2 only and continue looking for a SBC that does have a working USB3 port and move to that platform for my needs.
find a usb3 powered hub with enough slots for all your usb3/usb2 stuff, plug everything into that usb3 powered hub and plug the usb3 hub into the usb3 slot on the board. this is what i do and have no issues. just do it to test. it sounds like you have a lot of stuff so be sure that one hub has enough power.
I do have a lot of devices, and as such, require all USB ports for a total of 3 hubs. (One USB2 hub for gaming controllers, one USB3 hub for NAS drives, and one USB2 hub for mouse/keyboard.) I could condense hubs, but doing so would mean I need to either drop some drives or drop some controllers and I don't want to do either. It would be more beneficial to me to purchase a second device that does USB3 properly and use the Rock64 for other projects that do not require USB3.
(12-31-2017, 05:40 PM)dudemo Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 03:15 PM)tllim Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 12:45 AM)tllim Wrote: Why USB 3.0 doesn't work?

thanks

So, like this:

Build info:
Rock64 PSU from Pine64
Android on 32Gb eMMC
Lakka on SD

Single booting each OS

???
No, my hubs and drives are all externally powered, so that isn't the issue. They're full size 3.5" drives with a powered external enclosure. Power isn't the issue. Likewise, my drives have different input ports for USB3 than my USB2 drives, so I cannot use a USB2 cable. All I can do is plug into the USB2 port.

Power isn't the issue, I'm certain of this. Somehow, USB3 does NOT work at all (and lags the SBC bad) when USB2 is also used. If I cannot figure it out, I'll simply use the device as USB2 only and continue looking for a SBC that does have a working USB3 port and move to that platform for my needs.
Noted.
Update:

What else is there to do on New Year's eve but troubleshoot? Wife wasn't pleased, but its not like I can go out and party in my condition. So, I spent all night flashing multiple operating systems to eMMC and testing each one individually. Here are the results.

Debian Stretch Mate Community Build [0.5.15-136-20171222]: USB3 issue exists
Debian Stretch Minimal build by ayufan: USB3 issue does not exit
Android 7.1.2 Stock Image (Pre-Rooted) [20171012]: USB3 issue exists
previous non-rooted Android 7.1.2 Stock Image (Unknown build date. Its a few months old and I had it backed up on one of my HDD's): USB3 issue does not exist
ayufan's latest Android TV 7.1.2 Community Build: USB3 issue does not exit

It's software related. Which is nice to hear, actually. I really didn't want to move away from the Rock64 platform because many exciting things are happening for this little chipset and it fits my needs nicely. I'll migrate to ayufan's Android TV and hope that everything I'd like to have working will work.

Happy New Year everyone!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 Android Oreo 8.1 TV-Install adventures (Now Android 9.0) Rocklobster 5 5,104 08-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  How do I prepare/put Android on an SD card using etcher cdotsubo3000 3 5,908 06-27-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android and SD Card gigagames 2 4,477 06-27-2021, 02:38 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android Images (ROCK64) pineadmin 73 166,816 05-04-2021, 01:58 AM
Last Post: zet_lab
  Android 9.0 and Pluto on Rock64-1G missdeenola 1 3,944 03-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  broken android microsd images jbach50 1 3,428 01-16-2021, 09:57 PM
Last Post: jimsurvak
  Android on Rock64 SD Problem ElBoluTony 3 5,888 10-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Last Post: ElBoluTony
  Error! Android Rockchip tools method BowerR64 0 2,528 09-18-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BowerR64
Lightbulb Any older versions of Android for the Rock64? BowerR64 2 4,640 09-18-2020, 07:58 PM
  Can't boot android 9 on rock64 maks2204 5 8,632 09-09-2020, 08:44 AM