Remix OS DD image
I may be wrong but A64+ is gigabit, so the only 100mb board is the 512 mb ram version..
A few other things I've tried:
  • Connected the gig port to a 100mb switch to see if there was any relation to the port speed negotiation, but this invoked a crash just the same.
  • Tried using xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160306-1 to see if I could get it working with my StarTech USB ethernet adapter or my very old 3com wifi adapter. Unfortunately I don't know much about compiling and loading drivers for linux although suspect I need to download some ASIX drivers to get the ethernet adapter working. Unfortunately I don't have any mass storage devices handy either to get the files onto the pine, maybe tomorrow.
  • Plugged in the ethernet cable onto the onboard port and captured the following video - https://youtu.be/44HVK_o5h3Y
(04-02-2016, 04:35 PM)drag00n Wrote: I may be wrong but A64+ is gigabit, so the only 100mb board is the 512 mb ram version..

No you are right. 

I dont understand than why anything would be different from the 1GB board over the 2GB board other than memory. Which should have no affect on disabling the NIC.

(04-02-2016, 04:41 PM)aund Wrote: A few other things I've tried:
  • Connected the gig port to a 100mb switch to see if there was any relation to the port speed negotiation, but this invoked a crash just the same.
  • Tried using xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160306-1 to see if I could get it working with my StarTech USB ethernet adapter or my very old 3com wifi adapter. Unfortunately I don't know much about compiling and loading drivers for linux although suspect I need to download some ASIX drivers to get the ethernet adapter working. Unfortunately I don't have any mass storage devices handy either to get the files onto the pine, maybe tomorrow.
  • Plugged in the ethernet cable onto the onboard port and captured the following video - https://youtu.be/44HVK_o5h3Y

Thanks Aund this could be what they need. 

I think within the next month before launch and kickstarter ends we will hear about the Remix OS and an update. 

For anyone with the board I would hold out until than and tell you to disable the NIC. I know this may make your board pointless so I would say install Android or Linux distro and wait until Remix OS has been fixed for the 2GB board. 

I wish I could give more feedback and test it myself but I ordered a lot with my boards and I probably will not get them until the end of April.
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

-Albert Einstein

-Anderal (Michael Eddy Larson)
(04-02-2016, 03:09 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 02:57 PM)ice4790 Wrote: I have the same issue with the 2GB board. Unfortunately I'm kind of dead in the water because it doesn't detect my wifi adapter either (EdiMax)

Edi try something for me. If you can load android on it and just try the wifi let me know if that works with the 2GB board because than we know the drivers from that are different and since Remix OS is just a glorified version of android it may give us a heads up if we can just port those drivers over and fix this issue.

The EdiMax Wifi does not register on android lollipop but the ethernet hard line does work just fine.
I have the wifi supplied via pine team and it works flawlessly with Android image, not the remix one. One issue I see is when I connect to VPN, it shows upload happening with a speed of 100 mega byte per sec. I installed a network speed app which doesn't show that happening, but VPN is showing it continuously.
(04-01-2016, 10:57 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote: Here is a DD image for Remix OS for now.

1. You will need to have a MicroSD card at least 8GB 
2. If you have a larger MicroSD you will need to extend Partition 1 to the rest of your drive size.

If you have any questions let me know. You should be fine to use Win32.
Please let me know if this image fixes the restarting issue I know a lot of you are having. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwrRh3...UN2VndCVTQ

heya ML-Anderal, I have just downloaded your image, thanksagain for building it for the masses. 

I just have one question, the part where you mention to resize if you have a bigger microSD card, and you mention partition 1, what is the standard size for that partition as whilst writing this image on a Linux machine in Manjaro, it dow not show as a partition 1 and I was wondering which specific partion that would be Huh . I dont want to end up resizing the wrong one. if you could post a standard partition table from your image when written this may assist us all. thnaks again.  Smile
(04-20-2016, 03:26 PM)coventrylinuxguy Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:57 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote: Here is a DD image for Remix OS for now.

2. If you have a larger MicroSD you will need to extend Partition 1 to the rest of your drive size.

Please let me know if this image fixes the restarting issue I know a lot of you are having. Thanks!

heya ML-Anderal, I have just downloaded your image, thanksagain for building it for the masses. 

I just have one question, the part where you mention to resize if you have a bigger microSD card, and you mention partition 1, what is the standard size for that partition as whilst writing this image on a Linux machine in Manjaro, it dow not show as a partition 1 and I was wondering which specific partion that would be Huh . I dont want to end up resizing the wrong one. if you could post a standard partition table from your image when written this may assist us all. thnaks again.  Smile

This image shows you where the Partition 1 is (aka filesystem) and Free Space you want to extend that 2nd to last partition (FileSystem) into the Free Space I hope that helps

-Albert Einstein

(04-20-2016, 04:36 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 03:26 PM)coventrylinuxguy Wrote:

This image shows you where the Partition 1 is (aka filesystem) and Free Space you want to extend that 2nd to last partition (FileSystem) into the Free Space I hope that helps

Thanks for the reply, I have studied the image you sent and have yet another question for your mind to hopefully solve.  Do I re-size the volume part (formatted as fat32) or do I re-size the filesystem part (formatted as ext4) into the free space, as using gparted on Linux yields an error when trying to resize the ext4 formatted part as it contains data and the system rejects any modification of that section. Im hoping im just being a complete noob and making  pigs ear out of it Rolleyes . any assistance you might provide is gratefully received and appreciated Big Grin
Thank you for the DD images, I can't seem to download Google Play Services on my PINE 64, is there a link that works for downloading it?
(04-23-2016, 04:36 PM)nick0318 Wrote: Thank you for the DD images, I can't seem to download Google Play Services on my PINE 64, is there a link that works for downloading it?

I am sorry but no. I think Remix OS though will be getting an update soon for the board so I would say hang tight for a week or two.

-Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sourround sound - Remix MrSarkasmus 0 2,840 10-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: MrSarkasmus
Star Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160718 tllim 25 44,056 08-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Idemdesign
  Remix os os 64bits ?? Matroxplay 1 4,273 07-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Remix OS NMancuso 111 163,921 08-01-2017, 03:51 AM
Last Post: wappi
Question Nginx proxy on Remix OS -- possible? mitchmitchell 1 4,736 05-29-2017, 02:45 AM
Question Remix OS 2.0 [20170105] Waaaa??? veronicasmithen03 1 4,681 05-29-2017, 02:42 AM
  REMix OS Boots and then blank Screen Michaelrowe01 6 19,353 04-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Stuck at Remix OS logo leongzhi 9 24,505 12-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Michaelrowe01
Exclamation LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL support in Remix? mcfly777 4 8,874 12-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Toriless
  Guest Account in Remix OS cannot Get Internet Connection deniyulianti 1 4,275 10-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777