Configure the touchpad
I like to configure the touchpad to be able to use two finger tap for middle click and three finger tap for right click.

So far I was only able to switch 2 finger tap from right click to middle click with
Code:
xinput set-button-map 8 1 3 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Though that does disable the right click for me. Tapping with 3 fingers sends an s keypress event.
Clicking on the far bottom right produces a 3 keypress.

Setting it back to the default
Code:
xinput set-button-map 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Makes right click working again with two finger tap and right bottom corner click.
Three finger tap however still send an s keypress.
This seems like the best place to post this question. I have searched and found one other post like this one under "General Discussion on Pinebook", but this seems to be a better fit here.

I realize the trackpad on the Pinebook is detected as a mouse and possibly with the keyboard somehow, but is there any way to make it less sensitive? Moving my finger halfway across the trackpad moves it all the way across the screen and I have almost no fine control when I try to slowly move it into a specific area, it is too sensitive. I have used ayufan's Mate & I3, but am currently using Q4OS and I have experienced the same behavior on all 3 of the different OS'.

Ideally I would also like to have 2 finger scrolling, but from what I read in another post that probably won't happen and I can live without that, but I need to dial down the sensitivity as it is almost unusable the way it is. Currently I am using a mouse with it, but that is not my preference for a laptop.
Take a look here -- from longsleep's git.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thank you Luke, I couldn't find that conf file.

Any recommendation on what the values should be? My conf file looks exactly like the one in longsleep's git.
(11-21-2017, 05:43 PM)n3rDy Wrote: Thank you Luke, I couldn't find that conf file.

Any recommendation on what the values should be? My conf file looks exactly like the one in longsleep's git.

I do not. But if you want to take the time and look through the IRC log then do search for the words 'touchpad' and 'trackpad' - between Feb and July this year. You can also filter though using longsleep's, ayufan's and Xalius' nicks.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I looked through the IRC log and see a lot information in there on the trackpad / touchpad. I didn't see any specific settings so I started changing a variable at a time in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-pine64-pinebook-touchpad.conf , there are only 3 options. None of them seemed to have an effect at all, even after reboots.

The one line I found interesting in the log was this one "11/05/17 15:36 <marcushh777> synaptics driver works great". I see the driver in the same directory as the one in longsleep's git, but again making changes to that file and rebooting also has no effect.
I never could quite figure out how to get the trackpad to work better and it was pretty much unusable imo. I realized I had been using Xenial Mate 0.6.2 prior to Q4OS and the current version is 0.7.19 so I thought I would try out the latest version of Mate for the Pinebook. I am currently using it and it is by far the best version i have tried yet! Thanks for all the hard work people, this thing is very usable now. Very snappy, trackpad, sound, suspend, battery etc. everything seems to be addressed with 0.7.19.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetooth and Touchpad LinuxBrave 0 1,670 05-13-2019, 11:34 PM
Last Post: LinuxBrave
  How to Configure Screen Brightness in mate on pinebook via terinal? shirman 6 8,835 12-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Last Post: mikee3000
  Disable Bottom Part of Touchpad (where the buttons are)? dahni 1 3,118 09-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Last Post: dahni