No signs of life - what am I doing wrong?
(05-13-2016, 06:32 PM)krisdahl Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 07:40 PM)bratoff Wrote: I just received my 2 gig Pine64+ and I'm having the same challenge as other new Pine64 recipients here - I've burned RemixOS to a 16gb Class 10 card using the PhoenixCard tool as shown in the video.  I connect HDMI and Ethernet, insert the MicroSD card, making sure it clicks all the way in, and then plug in my power connection to the MicroUSB connector.  The power light goes on but nothing else happens, even if I leave the board alone for more than 30 minutes.

I'm having exact same problem.  I've use the memory card, HDMI cable, etc. all with a Raspberry Pi and it has worked.  Multiple monitors, HDMI cables, etc.

I'd love to have at least some kind of Power On Self Test screen of some kind happen, with error messages.

I've tried Ubuntu and the official memory card.  I'm using the power adapter that I ordered with my Pine64+.

I've gone through 6 common reasons why the Pine A64+ won't boot article.  Any ideas?  Where do we go from now?

Honestly I didn't plan on having this be a project, I thought this be as simple as putting the image on the SD card and plugging it in.  Maybe including ready to go SD cards would be a good idea if that is the problem?
The Pine doesnt have a BIOS so no POST. 

Most of DOA appearing cards are covered in the 6 common issues thread. I will even go so far as to say 90% are HDMI related. 

There are pretty much only 2 ways to rule out a DOA board when your desired monitor shows nothing. 

1. Get a USB to TTL converter. Watch the entire boot process (better than POST imho http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=934 )
2. Put a fresh linux image on the card. Power up the pine with no ethernet cable plugged in. 10 mins later plug the cable in. If the 2 LED on the ethernet jack start flashing the board is not DOA.

If either of the above show the board is not DOA try changing the board output res to 720p ( http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=980 )

If that doesnt work I suggest contacting tllim.

If you dont want a project, I suggest putting it away for 2 more months. Things may be better then.
By hooking up the serial output, I was able to verify that my board works.  In fact, I was able to log in and do some stuff in console mode.  Now I just need to figure out how to change the video resolution so it will run my older, non-HD monitor.
(05-14-2016, 09:02 PM)bratoff Wrote: By hooking up the serial output, I was able to verify that my board works.  In fact, I was able to log in and do some stuff in console mode.  Now I just need to figure out how to change the video resolution so it will run my older, non-HD monitor.

Main problem turned out to be the monitor I think.  Either way, just getting back to this after a very long break.

Switched over to Armbian buster and everything works - well, almost.  I can't seem to get the bluetooth working.  Anyone else run into this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wrong launguage install chadace 1 3,979 06-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Last Post: chadace
  is my eMMC broken or am I wrong? jykeith123 8 10,728 01-25-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: jykeith123
  What am I doing wrong? Gauloises 3 5,729 06-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Ghost