Astroimaging Control
Hi - I've just come across the Rock64 board. I'm interesting in trying to get this to work to control astroimaging equipment (mainly in my back garden). I've been using the Raspberry Pi for this, but many of the newer cameras use USB 3, so would be great to get this working on the Rock64.

I think to make this work, I'd either need to get VirtualHere working, which requires USBIP, or be able to run 32 bit applications so that I can use the application which works on the Pi.

Has anyone had success in getting USBIP and/or 32 bit applications to work?

Thank you very much,

Colin
(10-31-2017, 05:55 AM)mcgillca Wrote: Hi - I've just come across the Rock64 board. I'm interesting in trying to get this to work to control astroimaging equipment (mainly in my back garden). I've been using the Raspberry Pi for this, but many of the newer cameras use USB 3, so would be great to get this working on the Rock64.

I think to make this work, I'd either need to get VirtualHere working, which requires USBIP, or be able to run 32 bit applications so that I can use the application which works on the Pi.

Thank you very much,

Colin

I questioned that initially a lot of the images are multiarch but also 32bit images are avail, choice is yours.
(10-31-2017, 10:36 PM)stuartiannaylor Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 05:55 AM)mcgillca Wrote: Hi - I've just come across the Rock64 board. I'm interesting in trying to get this to work to control astroimaging equipment (mainly in my back garden). I've been using the Raspberry Pi for this, but many of the newer cameras use USB 3, so would be great to get this working on the Rock64.

Thank you very much,

Colin

I questioned that initially a lot of the images are multiarch but also 32bit images are avail, choice is yours.

That's great - thank you. I'll give it a try!

Colin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motion control tera1973 0 1,600 06-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: tera1973
  Cannot control volume with amixer command user_rock 3 5,364 02-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: evilbunny