No Boot (Still)
Exclamation 
Hi all,
 I'm stuck and would appreciate some help. I'm trying to install some version of Android (I think I tried most of them for this board). Repeatedly flashed the original board (2gb ram, LCD screen) and still nothing.
 I've also checked HDMI and Nada. I thought the problem might be the LCD connections but everything looks good to me. I undid and reassembled the board and LCD. On the next install attempt the screen flashed bright white every 15 seconds or so (which I found encouraging) but still no boot.
Since then I've re-flashed without success. On some of the installs the red LED power light blinks and on some it stays solid Huh .

Any help is appreciated,
 Thank you......Tom
it could be the sd card is bad. have you tried more than one card? and, Tom, i realize you are kinda disappointed by now but many of the users on this board have been in this situation so just keep trying.
(10-29-2017, 01:40 PM)dkryder Wrote: it could be the sd card is bad. have you tried more than one card? and, Tom, i realize you are kinda disappointed by now but many of the users on this board have been in this situation so just keep trying.

I purchased the Pine 64 SD card thinking I would be OK. I'll try another card.

Thank you for the reply.......Tom
(10-29-2017, 02:14 PM)odatkid Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 01:40 PM)dkryder Wrote: it could be the sd card is bad. have you tried more than one card? and, Tom, i realize you are kinda disappointed by now but many of the users on this board have been in this situation so just keep trying.

I purchased the Pine 64 SD card thinking I would be OK. I'll try another card.

Thank you for the reply.......Tom

Please use Pine64 installer when preparing the OS build on microSD card. Here is the download link: https://github.com/pine64dev/PINE64-Inst...d#download
Hi,
I've been using the Pine installer with the 64gb card I purchased from PINE all along. Just tried a brand new Samsung Class 10 Evo 32gb card and still no boot with LCD screen blinking (like a camera flash) every 15 seconds.

Very disappointed and nowhere to go.

Tom
Tom, you could try an hdmi monitor. it might be the power supply not having the current to run lcd & board. does your power supply have at least 2A ?
Question 
dkryder,
 Thanks for the advice. I'm now trying my Samsung Note 2.4 amp usb power supply. No signs of life yet. On the Samsung Evo 32gb card the LCD doesn't flash any more though. I attached the HDMI cable and nothing appeared on the monitor, so no boot.

On the PINE 64gb card the red Power light on the board no longer blinks but still no sign of life with or without the HDMI monitor.

What now? Angry  It appears I just wasted some money and a whole lot of time.

Tom
Ok, I think we need to troubleshoot step-by-step. Unfortunately I am very short on time this week and next week I am away.
Few questions and suggestions:

1) What OS are you flashing the SD on (win/os x / linux) ?
2) What SD reader are you using ?
3) Have you tried other flashing utilities ?
4) Could you post a picture showing exactly how you connected all the LCD wires
5) I think that 2.4A for the Pine A64 with the LCD is pushing it - I got 3.5A 5V for my setup - but 3A should suffice.
6) It be the AWG of the micro USB cable
7) I assume you're read though the wiki ? - see the troubleshooting and requirements sections.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot Ox64 after SPI Flash IC replacement kotnitro 1 1,057 05-26-2023, 02:19 AM
Last Post: kotnitro
  Star64 first boot (and success) bortzmeyer 1 1,493 05-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: draintroup
Exclamation Quartz64 model a wont boot AndyNZAUS 0 1,486 09-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Last Post: AndyNZAUS
  Maximum size of boot MicroSD for RockPro64 and Pinebook Pro commiecam 0 1,645 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  How to boot from SD card on pinebook pro linux123 3 5,952 12-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: linux123
Lightbulb Live boot with persistence? r00tn3rd 1 3,173 10-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: HotChocolate
  Occasional boot toiny 0 2,103 10-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: toiny
  SD Card boot - trying out OS Baconomics 1 4,287 06-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  How to boot from the SD card and install to eMMC? ravanh 2 6,366 03-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  PSCI, u-boot and reboot on Sopine ClusterBoard hbaxmann 0 2,302 09-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: hbaxmann