Warranty, replacement, repair?
Hi,

I've recently bought the couple of 4GB Rock64. One of them is not booting up.
When I plug the power, the green led starts to blink with approx. 10Hz rate, RK805-1 begins to heat and smell. I am afraid the problem is in RK805-1.

Unfortunately, RK805-1 parts seem to be unavailable on free market. I would have just replace the one and see what had happened.

Has anybody ever see the same? Is there any option except throw the device out?

Attached here are power supply and the board itself.

I have the same problem with my rock64 board, using their PSU from pine64.org, dc-in led blinks when its plugged in. I don't know what the problem is, I've only ordered 1 board and its was my first board. I have created a ticket and its been 7 days, no response from Pine Support. I msg their twitter account, 5 days ago and was told that it will be brought up to support, but no response as well since then.
I am assuming that my board is just dead.

... so not a very good first impression of the company at the moment.
was planning to get a few but after the first potential dead board with no response from the company, spending close to 60USD, i don't want to take the chance that the next board is also going to be dead as well and having to wait again for x days/weeks.

I dont even know if my first board is warranty-able or not, as its been so long since I first plugged in it.
(11-28-2017, 05:02 PM)finae Wrote: I have the same problem with my rock64 board, using their PSU from pine64.org, dc-in led blinks when its plugged in. I don't know what the problem is, I've only ordered 1 board and its was my first board. I have created a ticket and its been 7 days, no response from Pine Support. I msg their twitter account, 5 days ago and was told that it will be brought up to support, but no response as well since then.
I am assuming that my board is just dead.

... so not a very good first impression of the company at the moment.
was planning to get a few but after the first potential dead board with no response from the company, spending close to 60USD, i don't want to take the chance that the next board is also going to be dead as well and having to wait again for x days/weeks.

I dont even know if my first board is warranty-able or not, as its been so long since I first plugged in it.

From your description, your board is still under warranty. The support team should already respond back by now. If not, just PM me and i will takes care.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement PCIe slot whotook 1 1,867 12-08-2021, 05:39 AM
Last Post: CounterPillow