RockBox
(10-26-2017, 09:26 AM)Luke Wrote: ...The S905 is a similar SoC. The RockBox does have better support because a lot of the OpenSource stuff we do here will trickle down to the RockBox...

There is retail support for linux on the s905 via the odroid c2, and only community support for linux on the RK3328 via rock64... though the latter has better hardware if the linux drivers to use it are ever developed.
Very interesting, I just got en e-mail from DHL customs service that my RockBox is here. It says I will pay minimum 24 € for the customs clearing.

It was quite fast, only 11 days after order it came here, without any additional e-mail from Could Media Smile
(11-06-2017, 05:35 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Very interesting, I just got en e-mail from DHL customs service that my RockBox is here. It says I will pay minimum 24 € for the customs clearing.

It was quite fast, only 11 days after order it came here, without any additional e-mail from Could Media Smile

24 Euro on top of what you paid for the RockBox ? ... damn ... I didn't have to pay a dime. Seems different countries have different standards. 

Also, there is a LibreElec alpha image that you can now try out (I'm away, so you could tell me how it runs) - check today's IRC log for image link.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-06-2017, 07:07 AM)Luke Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 05:35 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Very interesting, I just got en e-mail from DHL customs service that my RockBox is here. It says I will pay minimum 24 € for the customs clearing.

24 Euro on top of what you paid for the RockBox ? ... damn ... I didn't have to pay a dime. Seems different countries have different standards. 

Also, there is a LibreElec alpha image that you can now try out (I'm away, so you could tell me how it runs) - check today's IRC log for image link.

Yes, on top of what I paid for RB. I will see. I did not know that DHL will be processing my shipment again. They are very expensive, also, I had to pay $9.99 for "Express Shipping from China" when ordering, no other option was available for me.

I should have it tomorrow by EOD.  That LibreElec it just Kodi OS or normal OS that supports other applications? I am not sure if it will be enough for my needs.
Yes LibreELEC is "Just enough OS for KODI" aka useless for most anything else.
So, not only €24, but €33.34  extra to DHL. 

€48.63 + €33.34 = €81.97, about $95 total Smile

They really should avoid sending via DHL to some countries.

edit: I finally got it. Also got mail from Cloud Media that my order is completed Smile
Ok, I have finally plugged my RockBox and Android runs surprisingly fast, of course much faster than on Pinebook, but even fast enough when I compare it to my tablet. Did not have the time to play with that much, just tried some apps like Youtube and today I want to check apps like Popcorn Time etc.

I am also surprised how small it is. For now, it seems like a good choice Smile

I also found out that the RockBox power adapter has a short wire for me, so I used the one from Pinebook and it works fine Smile
(11-10-2017, 02:06 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Ok, I have finally plugged my RockBox and Android runs surprisingly fast, of course much faster than on Pinebook, but even fast enough when I compare it to my tablet. Did not have the time to play with that much, just tried some apps like Youtube and today I want to check apps like Popcorn Time etc.

I am also surprised how small it is. For now, it seems like a good choice Smile

I also found out that the RockBox power adapter has a short wire for me, so I used the one from Pinebook and it works fine Smile

Yes, the power adaptor sure has a short wire...

Btw, is there any way to resize or remove some of the tiles? Some of them are really useless for me (KODI, etc.)
(11-10-2017, 03:55 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Btw, is there any way to resize or remove some of the tiles? Some of them are really useless for me (KODI, etc.)

I changed the launcher in 0.0000001 seconds so I don't know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockbox firmware Wizzard 0 1,153 11-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Wizzard