RockBox
(10-21-2017, 12:37 PM)Wizzard Wrote: I just like that RockBox case. Would it be possible to upgrade the RAM and eMMC in that box? Or is it possible to buy that case alone?

Nope, its not a Rock64 in there - its a custom PCB.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Anyway, I am looking for some similar device for playing some video on my TV and this looks fine. I only need something that runs Spotify, Youtube and something like ShowBox/Popcorn Time, I guess this device can handle it, right?
(10-25-2017, 08:07 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Anyway, I am looking for some similar device for playing some video on my TV and this looks fine. I only need something that runs Spotify, Youtube and something like ShowBox/Popcorn Time, I guess this device can handle it, right?

I've tested the following and had a good experience: 
  • Youtube
  • Kodi
  • RKMC
  • VLC
  • Plex 
  • Netflix

(10-25-2017, 08:36 AM)Luke Wrote: I've tested the following and had a good experience: 
  • Youtube
  • Kodi
  • RKMC
  • VLC
  • Plex 
  • Netflix

Thank you, can you please also test Spotify a Showbox? :Smile Thx
(10-25-2017, 08:42 AM)Wizzard Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 08:36 AM)Luke Wrote: I've tested the following and had a good experience: 
  • Youtube
  • Kodi
  • RKMC
  • VLC
  • Plex 
  • Netflix

Thank you, can you please also test Spotify a Showbox? :Smile Thx

Yea, will update the post once I do tonight.

I think Spotify should not be a problem. ShowBox too, although it is not in play store, I install it from apkmirror.
(10-25-2017, 02:56 PM)Wizzard Wrote: I think Spotify should not be a problem. ShowBox too, although it is not in play store, I install it from apkmirror.

Spotify works fine and so does ShowBox. That said ShowBox sometimes gives me 'the app has stopped responding' - but I just click wait and it works. Edit: only happens after selecting a movie - as it starts to play. There is a new OS firmware for the RockBox (released today) which I haven't tested and wont test.

Thank you very much, so it seems that RockBox is a good choice for that money.

edit: How long it took to arrive after order?
After I ordered it I found similar solution that is even available in my country for similar price - http://venztech.com/v10/

I wonder what is the difference between these devices. Maybe RockBox has better support? The hardware seems very similar.
(10-26-2017, 08:08 AM)Wizzard Wrote: After I ordered it I found similar solution that is even available in my country for similar price - http://venztech.com/v10/

I wonder what is the difference between these devices. Maybe RockBox has better support? The hardware seems very similar.

The S905 is a similar SoC. The RockBox does have better support because a lot of the OpenSource stuff we do here will trickle down to the RockBox. 

Checkout my post over at Popcorn Hour

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockbox firmware Wizzard 0 1,152 11-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Wizzard