Some helpful tips!
Im gonna bump this thread again, i know im a little late to the party i just got my Rock64 for cheap ($7.99) with SD card and power supply so since its an older board im finding tips and tricks from you guys that you all descovred years ago and im getting alot of good help.

Ive found alot of the complaints you guys are having ive found over the years with many things. For instance ill go back to my R/C car days you get an R/C car and its designed great but after building it the car performs very badly. Why is this? well they can design and build the thing but setup and drive it they just dont know how to handle this part.

Now skip over to our situation, they can build and design a fabulous board but (hardware) but when it comes to software they may not have the experience with the software side of things. Ive found this with a few other boards as well. Not every board build has the support as the raspberry pi and by the way i have one of those and let me tell you im not really that thrilled with their support either, i have a raspberry pi 4 and its been around a year now and ive yet to get a decent build of android to run on that thing and everyone claims they have the best support of any sbc available. To be honest ive got more use from my ROck64 only having it a week then i have from the raspberry pi and ive had it for a few months.