Is android fluid on your pine?
I give it a meh, most of the time they work but sometimes crashes at times especially if you click on something multiple times. I have a Pine64 with 2gb and a Sandisk 32GB 10 Class Micro SD card.

TechieManny   Shy

I've got a class 10 Samsung 32 GB card and the Pine64+. Mine is pretty darn zippy, but if I double click where there should be a single click mine crashes too. When it comes back up there's no networking...gotta do a full restart.

One thing you may want to do is actually test your SD card- there are a LOT of counterfits out there that don't perform like the advertise, or report more space than they actually have (might be marked 32 GB and show up in Explorer as 32 and format as 32, but can only hold 16). The ONLY way you can tell is by letting something like H2Test fill your card up with data and read all the data. My class 10 card advertised 40 MBps, and I got 24MBps write and 46MBps read.
(04-04-2016, 05:41 PM)GoZone Wrote: I give it a meh, most of the time they work but sometimes crashes at times especially if you click on something multiple times. I have a Pine64 with 2gb and a Sandisk 32GB 10 Class Micro SD card.

I have the exact same setup lying in boxes. I fear I may have backed a dud project. Let me dive into this and post my thoughts soon..
(04-04-2016, 06:10 PM)Existentialfiasco Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 05:41 PM)GoZone Wrote: I give it a meh, most of the time they work but sometimes crashes at times especially if you click on something multiple times. I have a Pine64 with 2gb and a Sandisk 32GB 10 Class Micro SD card.

I have the exact same setup lying in boxes. I fear I may have backed a dud project. Let me dive into this and post my thoughts soon..

That's my first reaction too. Did it work out of the box? Sure...kinda. I had bought this to use in labs- was hoping after a 3 month wait they might have Windows running on it, was thinking about replacing my Raspberry Pi b, using it as a thin client...but now it seems like it won't be able to do any of that. 

Like all projects, it's new...maybe it will get better. Or maybe not.

My thought right now is that I should have waited for the RP3.
c'mon guys it is april 5th, don't expect miracles. some devs (I was lucky enough as well, got development boards in last week of january)
I don't think that Apritzel, TKaiser, Longsleep were paid for their work on Pine (well there were some paypal donations) and did all that in their free time. It has been a bit more than two months, please do a reality check and set your expectations accordingly.
Burnt the latest 5.1.1 Android image and booted the board up: Works!
Caveats: System crashes frequently on starting Apps, UI navigation, etc. When it crashes and resets, the ethernet does not work anymore.

Any idea when we'l reach a point stable enough to keep the device as always-on? Need a 4k player ASAP!
(04-11-2016, 04:09 AM)Existentialfiasco Wrote: Burnt the latest 5.1.1 Android image and booted the board up: Works!
Caveats: System crashes frequently on starting Apps, UI navigation, etc. When it crashes and resets, the ethernet does not work anymore.

Any idea when we'l reach a point stable enough to keep the device as always-on? Need a 4k player ASAP!

Pretty sure the first 2 times I burnt the images they both started up fine and I had ethernet activity but they were plagued with performance issues. This burn is semi stable at least for ethernet, I still get SystemUI and Launcher3 crashes all the time, usually when closing apps or trying to pull down the notification bar while in an app. Usually when I lose ethernet activity all I have to do is power cycle and it's back up and running.

Since this is so new I doubt they have a ton of Android developers working on this right now but I wouldn't count on a quick fix unfortunately. I'm not in a huge rush because I just got this to tinker with. At this point I'm more interested in the Remix OS hopefully that get that fixed for us 2GB boards.
(04-11-2016, 03:29 PM)gtpboy Wrote:
(04-11-2016, 04:09 AM)Existentialfiasco Wrote: Burnt the latest 5.1.1 Android image and booted the board up: Works!

Pretty sure the first 2 times I burnt the images they both started up fine and I had ethernet activity but they were plagued with performance issues. This burn is semi stable at least for ethernet, I still get SystemUI and Launcher3 crashes all the time, usually when closing apps or trying to pull down the notification bar while in an app. Usually when I lose ethernet activity all I have to do is power cycle and it's back up and running.

Since this is so new I doubt they have a ton of Android developers working on this right now but I wouldn't count on a quick fix unfortunately. I'm not in a huge rush because I just got this to tinker with. At this point I'm more interested in the Remix OS hopefully that get that fixed for us 2GB boards.

Remix is what I got the board for. Gotta wait until further notice for that.

Can you explain how performace can be so inconsistently pegged to the image burn when one's not even "burning" the surface? I thought this was like writing any other image?
I can't really explain it but the first 2 times I wrote the android image to my card the navigation was very sluggish and non responsive at times. Oh well performance is fine now just very unstable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 381,904 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,174 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,534 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,872 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,937 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,523 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,292 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Bliss OS (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 4 12,300 06-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Last Post: nukedawg
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 253,903 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,495 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx