Mounting Screws
Just wondering how you guys mount your board? I tried to use some of the screws left over from PC motherboards. They were often supplied with a million screws for this or that. Anyway my smallest screws would not fit the tiny ROCK64. Even the small brass nuts for offsetting a motherboard from its surrounding case would not fit. Dare I say it but - can we enlarge the hole a tiny bit? Or is this a big no-no. Looking for ideas on this.
(10-02-2017, 07:25 PM)S265 Wrote: Just wondering how you guys mount your board? I tried to use some of the screws left over from PC motherboards. They were often supplied with a million screws for this or that. Anyway my smallest screws would not fit the tiny ROCK64. Even the small brass nuts for offsetting a motherboard from its surrounding case would not fit. Dare I say it but - can we enlarge the hole a tiny bit? Or is this a big no-no. Looking for ideas on this.

3M machine screws (metric) will fit if you tap them in ( seriously ).  I am referring to machine tapping ( not a hammer ).

2M screws ( metric ) will be loose, but work well with washers and nuts.  Please see this link for an example using 3M screws ( metric )  tapped.

Shy

PS.   Please see this link for the same box with the 5v brushless fan mounter underneath.

PSS.  The 3M screws can be hand-tapped using the screw itself... hand driver only... be careful !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(10-02-2017, 07:45 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 07:25 PM)S265 Wrote: Just wondering how you guys mount your board? I tried to use some of the screws left over from PC motherboards. They were often supplied with a million screws for this or that. Anyway my smallest screws would not fit the tiny ROCK64. Even the small brass nuts for offsetting a motherboard from its surrounding case would not fit. Dare I say it but - can we enlarge the hole a tiny bit? Or is this a big no-no. Looking for ideas on this.

3M machine screws (metric) will fit if you tap them in ( seriously ).  I am referring to machine tapping ( not a hammer ).

2M screws ( metric ) will be loose, but work well with washers and nuts.  Please see this link for an example using 3M screws ( metric )  tapped.

Shy

PS.   Please see this link for the same box with the 5v brushless fan mounter underneath.

PSS.  The 3M screws can be hand-tapped using the screw itself... hand driver only... be careful !

Thanks amigo! I think I can lay my hands upon a small tap and will give this a try
i use 2.5mm machine screw. they fit ok, not any serious problems. i have also used 2.5mm standoffs with 2.5mm machined screw male/female ends.