my first impressions
Thumbs Up 
I have had the laptop for over a month or so and my first impressions are: excellent for a ~$100 laptop! My 12 year old son claimed it as his and wanted to use it for his laptop next year at school. I had to pry it from his hands!

There are a few things that bother me, though, and a few software issues are well.

Hardware:
 The display/lid section is heavier than the keyboard section and is a bit difficult to open as the hinge needs to be stiff and lifts up with keyboard, so it takes two hands to open. I like the keyboard and actually feels nice, although the space bar seems flimsier than the rest of the keys.
Standby/suspend battery life is quite excellent. I had forgotten about it, and turned it on after a week or two, and still plenty of battery left.
It seems hardier than I had expected it to be.

Software:
Android - I didn't spend too much time with android here, other than to see that it ran and I could do a few things with it.
Linux - My biggest niggle is that I could not get bluetooth audio working. As in a bluetooth speaker. It would always just play through the speakers, which indicates a (hw)routing issue, which a way too quiet. Ok for a quiet room.
Some flickering of the display from time to time, but generally is ok.

I installed LXQT and am happy for the performance, noting that this is not a beefy developers laptop.
ex-Trolltech, ex-Nokia, ex-Jolla, ex-Canonical, freelance developer. QtSensors, QtWebAssembly
(10-02-2017, 07:05 PM)llornkcor0 Wrote: I have had the laptop for over a month or so and my first impressions are: excellent for a ~$100 laptop! My 12 year old son claimed it as his and wanted to use it for his laptop next year at school. I had to pry it from his hands!
Ah dgeeeze dad,  give it to the little guy !
Tongue
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New pinebook owner - first impressions rhialto 3 4,433 05-18-2019, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
  Pinebook, (very) first impressions Surehand53 1 2,927 11-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Pinebook first impressions Pagliacci 11 10,427 09-15-2017, 06:54 AM
Last Post: kuszinger
  First Impressions mspohr 46 57,247 07-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: alexandru