Launching a terminal app from command line
hi , typically there are at least two things going on;  1) a shell or program,  and 2) a terminal or gui.

Normally what folks want is a bash shell to run in a terminal ( notice the two things there , the shell and the terminal ).  There are usually two options that one specifies in this case:  1) do you want the shell or program to run in a terminal, and 2)  do you want to the terminal to close when the shell or program exits ?

So, you have two choices for Type:  Application   , or  Application in Terminal.

Then you have the name:   "Mate Terminal"

... then some comment like:   Use the Command Line

and then you have the name of the executable:   mate-terminal    or  /usr/bin/dash

------

For the Mate Terminal  folks usually specify type "Application" , name "Mate Terminal" , command  mate-terminal , and comment  "Use the Command Line"
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Launching a terminal app from command line - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-22-2017, 06:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] How to poweroff PBP from Linux terminal? mx43 1 3,780 03-21-2020, 12:49 PM
Last Post: tllim
  KNOWING how to properly use the "dd" command. chessie 5 6,122 04-29-2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: erchache2000
Information i3wm xenial-i3 introduction -- mate terminal & battery monitor MarkHaysHarris777 4 6,950 08-31-2017, 04:47 AM
Last Post: shirman