Exagear on R64
Hello,
I'm looking for any information about running exagear x86 emulation on the Rock64.
I'm using ayufan's ubuntu 18.04 image and I'm wondering if I can run Homeworld on it.
So far I've tried Qemu and get 1fps on Windows 2000.
I'm wondering if anything better can be done, or if this is the end of the line for the idea.

Exagear states they support Pine64 as well as ODROID C2 (same chip as the R64), so maybe this can work?

I've tried contacting them in the website chat, but since its Sunday it'll obviously take a while.

Again, any info/experiences are welcome.
(07-22-2018, 08:11 AM)graphical Wrote: Hello,
I'm looking for any information about running exagear x86 emulation on the Rock64.
I'm using ayufan's ubuntu 18.04 image and I'm wondering if I can run Homeworld on it.
So far I've tried Qemu and get 1fps on Windows 2000.
I'm wondering if anything better can be done, or if this is the end of the line for the idea.

Exagear states they support Pine64 as well as ODROID C2 (same chip as the R64), so maybe this can work?

I've tried contacting them in the website chat, but since its Sunday it'll obviously take a while.

Again, any info/experiences are welcome.

ROCK64, PINE A64, and ODroid C2 using ARM A53 CPU, this means potentially exagear x86 emulation can runs on ROCK64. I hear that the performance is good but I haven't try myself. Please check with them and confirmed. When you have an answer, please post back hear.
Tongue 
Well, it has been a busy week for me and I have sadly had little time to mess around with my purchase of exagear desktop for "Other Armv8"

There is an option to get a refund up to 7 days after your purchase if it doesn't work, so I'm banking on that.
The cost was 30 euros, so I'm not too keen on keeping something that doesn't yet fully work.

Now, onto what DOES and DOES NOT YET work:
I am running ayufan's Ubuntu 1.04 image.
x86 linux applications work (only tested wine)
x86 windows applications work (wine)
x86 3D windows aplications can't find the GL driver (only tried Homeworld, old 1999 game, working on this right now).

This works:
$exagear
Starting /bin/bash in the guest image /opt/exagear/images/ubuntu-1604
$arch
i686
$cd /home/rock64/.wine/drive_c/Homeworld
$wine homeworld.exe
(THIS IS THE CURRENT ERROR):
libGL error: unable to load driver: rockchip_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: rockchip
fixme:d3d:wined3d_guess_card No card selector available for card vendor 0000 (using GL_RENDERER "Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.0, 128 bits)").

The installation worked just fine
Patching the game worked for two out of three patches.
Winrar runs fine (don't ask).

The only thing I'd still want to try is skypeforlinux, but that doesn't matter much if I can't get the 3D to work!

I would be very happy if I could get some help from you fine people, so I'll be stalking the IRC chat for Rock64.
I'll post any updates on my progress of getting this damn binary blob to work.
I honestly would love to have my oldies working on my Rock64.
This computer is going in my go-bag for emergencies together with a DLP projector, because of how small and efficient it is!
I have been told on IRC that there is no GL support, only GLES for the R64.
That might just be the problem.

I am yet to get a response from Eltechs. It is Saturday, after all.

Tried the Libre Computer Renegade RK3328 board as well.
Doesn't say GL driver not found, but  still shows the last line:
fixme:d3d:wined3d_guess_card No card selector available for card vendor 0000 (using GL_RENDERER "Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.0, 128 bits)").
Apparently only Raspberry Pi Exagear Desktop supports DirectX and OpenGL applications.
Other chipsets like the Mali 450 are not supported.

X_X

Oh well. I wanted to run Homeworld on my R64 board, doesn't look like it will work out.
(07-28-2018, 04:49 AM)graphical Wrote: Apparently only Raspberry Pi Exagear Desktop supports DirectX and OpenGL applications.
Other chipsets like the Mali 450 are not supported.

X_X

Oh well. I wanted to run Homeworld on my R64 board, doesn't look like it will work out.

That sucks, but good to know.  I had steam installed (x86 Linux version working), but none of my games would launch.  I spent a lot of time trying to get AOE, and tomb raider (GOG version) working, no luck.   Office 2007 works (access failed to load, error about memory), phpED works.
Working as a Film Electric and I have been using Linux since around 2002. 
Like to play with Python and Jupyter Lab/Notebooks when not going to the park with my baby girl.