What are the differences between the A64+, 64-LTS (and Rock) versions?
I'm currently using an ODROID to provide OpenVPN services, however I also want to start to allow streaming media to clients.  The media server I want to use (AirVideo server, for iOS clients) doesn't come in a 32 bit package so I need to switch to a 64bit SBC.

First question.  What is the difference between the A64+ and the 64-LTS?  For the 2GB A64+ the only difference that I can detect is the LTS has an EMC slot and costs 3$ more.  Am I missing something else?

The new ROCK version looks intriguing.  But is it worth the extra money?  As I said, I want to use this to stream media to clients, but the specs look compatible with the Air Video Server for Linux.

Your guidance is appreciated.
The LTS board is a better board,  the processor is the same A64 ( four A53 cores, etc ) but its designation has a slightly different numbering scheme.  

The Rock64 is definitely both the money;  the two boards are designed with different purposes in mind ( Pine design team ) but both boards can be employed for similar things the maker community would be interested in;  and for education and learning both boards are superb.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Thanks! I'm going with da rock.
The major different of both boards is the PINE A64 using DDR3 memory and PINE A64-LTS using LPDDR3 memory which is same as SOPine. The PINE A64-LTS sharing same OS build as SOPine. The R18 and A64 SoC as same chip and SoV vendor promises 10 year longevity on R18.

For boot up option, LTS include SPI Flash and also eMMC module.

The LTS board using 3.5mmOD/1.35mmID barrel jack which is same as SOpine baseboard.
(09-03-2017, 07:19 PM)tllim Wrote: The major different of both boards is the PINE A64 using DDR3 memory and PINE A64-LTS using LPDDR3 memory which is same as SOPine. The PINE A64-LTS sharing same OS build as SOPine. The R18 and A64 SoC as same chip and SoV vendor promises 10 year longevity on R18.

The LTS board using 3.5mmOD/1.35mmID barrel jack which is same as SOpine baseboard.
And this is a very good improvement (and long availability too). I wish such options were present year+ ago when I bought my Pine64. Smile
ANT - my hobby OS for x86 and ARM.
(09-04-2017, 05:14 AM)z4v4l Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 07:19 PM)tllim Wrote: The major different of both boards is the PINE A64 using DDR3 memory and PINE A64-LTS using LPDDR3 memory which is same as SOPine. The PINE A64-LTS sharing same OS build as SOPine. The R18 and A64 SoC as same chip and SoV vendor promises 10 year longevity on R18.

And this is a very good improvement (and long availability too). I wish such options were present year+ ago when I bought my Pine64. Smile

We have pushed Allwinner on assigned A64 as longevity SoC and they recently just implemented.
(08-31-2017, 11:08 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The LTS board is a better board, 

RaspBSD and HardenedBSD offer Pine64 images.    If those are used will they work with the LTS board/SOPIINE?     And does the LTS board work with the PINE64 Playbox enclosure case?  Heck, does the SOPINE Baseboard Model A drop in the Playbox?
(09-10-2017, 12:41 PM)freebsd Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 11:08 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The LTS board is a better board, 

RaspBSD and HardenedBSD offer Pine64 images.    If those are used will they work with the LTS board/SOPIINE?     And does the LTS board work with the PINE64 Playbox enclosure case?  Heck, does the SOPINE Baseboard Model A drop in the Playbox?

Both SOPine module with model A baseboard and PINE A64-TLS can in the the playbox case.
Thinking about going with the 64LTS, Couple of questions. I see that there is an eMMC connector on the board. I also see that there is an adaptor for USB to eMMC. I assume that is what the ad refers to when it states that the eMMC can be up to 128GB? Is that correct since the only eMMC modules offered are 64Gb and smaller? Second. I search through the software offerings and don't see a Linux image for the Pine that can write to the eMMC as is done with the Rock64. I might have missed it. 
Anyone?
Mike
(11-01-2017, 10:23 AM)mcrognale Wrote: Thinking about going with the 64LTS, Couple of questions. I see that there is an eMMC connector on the board. I also see that there is an adaptor for USB to eMMC. I assume that is what the ad refers to when it states that the eMMC can be up to 128GB? Is that correct since the only eMMC modules offered are 64Gb and smaller? Second. I search through the software offerings and don't see a Linux image for the Pine that can write to the eMMC as is done with the Rock64. I might have missed it. 
Anyone?
Mike

There may be a 128GB module in the future.
Flashing to eMMC on A64 is pretty easy compared to Rock64, so its not a necessity - just a convenience. I recently wrote up an entire section on flashing to eMMC on the Wiki which I suggest you read.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb pdeclib pilib modules for Pine, Rock, Pinebook, Sopine MarkHaysHarris777 7 7,856 08-13-2017, 01:14 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Rock Solid Pine64 JCMPine64 1 2,946 01-23-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777