uSD Breakout
(09-06-2017, 04:56 PM)dkryder Wrote: does anyone have a source for 1.27mm pitch jumper wires?

That's a pretty good point ... I can't really find anything around. I think I'll switch to standard pitch headers. The size will grow but it will be more accessible.
[Image: Screenshot%20from%202017-09-08%2018-38-04.png?raw=true]

Just finished up!

Doing a final check I noticed I have all the SD pins backwards! Will be fixing this + submitting gerbers for manufacturing tomorrow!

If anyone has any final changes let me know!
machinehum, for the sake of this post let's refer to the 8 pcb "leads" the 8 contacts on the tip of the pcb that is inserted into the sd-card slot as "pins" .do you know if the assignments to these 8 pins are the same for each "model" of board that pine64 sells?
(09-09-2017, 05:43 AM)dkryder Wrote: do you know if the assignments to these 8 pins are the same for each "model" of board that pine64 sells?
What do you means ?
Those 8 pins of SDCard are universally standard on any PC or SoC board, so this will fit on any boards that can boot from eMMC.
(09-09-2017, 07:31 AM)martinayotte Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:43 AM)dkryder Wrote: do you know if the assignments to these 8 pins are the same for each "model" of board that pine64 sells?
What do you means ?
Those 8 pins of SDCard are universally standard on any PC or SoC board, so this will fit on any boards that can boot from eMMC.

... and to put a finer point on it--  the SD card slot "pins" can be used as GPIO(s) on any computer that has the ability to disable the card slot for external storage ( or bootup ) and re-assign them to gpio outputs in dts|dtb , as we can with the Pinebook !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Order placed! Will keep everyone updated.

Once I finish some initial testing, who would like a board? No charge!
Maybe I could become a tester here ... ;-)
Good news everyone!!

The boards came in and they exhibit the proper "latching" and "unlatching" characteristic that is common with a standard SD card.

I'm more then happy to send out some boards! martinayotte & MarkHaysHarris777 PM me your address and I can get them off. 

If you want I can populate them with the IO expander + proper headers but I won't have the time until early next week. Alternatively I can send them out blank. I don't have Padi stamps, and unless they're fast/cheap shipping to Canada I won't be able to get those on.

If there's enough fuss I might considering selling them on Tindie, but I doubt enough people are interested. Would love to get PCBA for these suckers!

[Image: Pluggy.gif]
[Image: boards.JPG]
machinehum, have you placed the board design with a pcb manufacturing in the u.s.a like oshpark or pcbs.io so an interested party can purchase? if not i'd be interested in obtaining 2 blank boards. i'm guessing that the sopine , which has emmc, meets the necessary requirements. however i'd like to build a couple in any event. thanks.
(09-21-2017, 01:37 AM)dkryder Wrote: machinehum, have you placed the board design with a pcb manufacturing in the u.s.a like oshpark or pcbs.io so an interested party can purchase? if not i'd be interested in obtaining 2 blank boards. i'm guessing that the sopine , which has emmc, meets the necessary requirements. however i'd like to build a couple in any event. thanks.

PM me your address, once others get me their info I'll send out. These board were purchased through Seeed studio, the reason being is they support 0.6mm thickness - which is within the tolerance of uSD cards.