uSD Breakout
Wow awesome work!

I have had some interest in more people getting their hands on the part.

Unfortunately I'm completely out for now, I have been considering getting turn-key boards (populated already) but for this I think I would need a decently large interest to cover the cost (possible crowd supply). Before going down this road I would need to test the existing design completely as well
(10-20-2017, 11:14 AM)machinehum Wrote: Wow awesome work!

I have had some interest in more people getting their hands on the part.

Unfortunately I'm completely out for now, I have been considering getting turn-key boards (populated already) but for this I think I would need a decently large interest to cover the cost (possible crowd supply). Before going down this road I would need to test the existing design completely as well

If needed PINE64 to fab the PCBA, I am willing to do so.
Photo 
[11/10/17]hello, i'm at the point of having the board populated except for the mcp23s17. this ic rates as the smallest package i have had to do manually. it seems to me that the paste i have, mg 63/37 leaded no clean is much too thick to allow the spreading needed. next time around i'll do the ic first since i now have them as i'll probably need several attempts to get it right. anyway, does someone have suggestion on how to thin properly  with flux, which i'm guessing is the only way to get the paste to a good thickness. thanks.

[11/13/17]edit: on my board, depending on what the proper orientation is , it is not marked on my samples, either the pins 1 and 2 or pins 15 and 16 are a complete bridge. i'm guessing that is not an error but i do not know so, are those pins supposed to be bridged? are pins  15 16 17 to ground?. thanks.

[11/15/17]edit: used flux to get proper flow from paste and used hot air to solder mcp23s17. continuity tests ok. 3.3v on vdd [pin 4] & vss [pin 6]. test on rock64 w/linux os on 320GB hard disk.

[11/16/17] in using the rock64 with this sd-card it became necessary to have an open board that could be easily flipped [turned over] to allow easy access to all the pins on the top side of the board as well as allow the same easy access to the sd-card slot on the bottom of the board. using standoffs as legs on the top & bottom allow the board to be flipped. the 2 rubber bands hold the board to the case for the hard disk thus allowing for relatively easy transport of the board and hard disk as a single rig.

[Image: view?usp=sharing]