hardware details?
Can we get some details about the expansion headers and what will/will not be available on them?

Some of us probably want to get started on expansion modules already.  Big Grin
(12-09-2015, 05:13 PM)Obliterous Wrote: Can we get some details about the expansion headers and what will/will not be available on them?

Some of us probably want to get started on expansion modules already.  Big Grin

Hi,
Please refer to the our wiki page for more detail information on the hardware specification and the pin header detail.
As we go by, more info will be post up on to our wiki page.

The wiki page link are as below,

http://wiki.pine64.org/

Regards.
Question 
What about enclosures to protect our Pine64? Are we going to get official ones or do we have to look else where?
(12-10-2015, 01:21 AM)Eddy120876 Wrote: What about enclosures to protect our Pine64? Are we going to get official ones or do we have to look else where?

I just wanted to bump this post.  I know peripherals are to be announced, as of yet. But definitely interested in any further details of possible enclosures that will be available.  I have seen the cool clear ones with the logo, just curious if there will be other materials and colors?
(12-11-2015, 09:07 AM)RMernone Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 01:21 AM)Eddy120876 Wrote: What about enclosures to protect our Pine64? Are we going to get official ones or do we have to look else where?

I just wanted to bump this post.  I know peripherals are to be announced, as of yet. But definitely interested in any further details of possible enclosures that will be available.  I have seen the cool clear ones with the logo, just curious if there will be other materials and colors?
I will convey the message to enclosure folks, and will post here once I have more info.
We will launch a few enclosures we designed available for purchase or supply the 3D files for you to download for free.
We will soon launch an enclosure design contest as well.
13Dec2015

In addition to the board dimensions (see http://wiki.pine64.org/images/7/74/Pine6...ension.JPG),
it would be useful to know something more about the mounting hole specifications. For example,
• MH-center-to-MH-center dimension (horizontal and vertical)
• board-edge-to-MH-center dimension (horizontal and vertical)
• mounting hole diameter (what size bolts)
• mounting hole keepout diameter (what size nuts and standoffs)
• mounting hole solder mask diameter

It looks like the mounting holes are plated-through-holes. There is an argument to be made for non-PTH mounting holes so that (1) threaded mounting hardware doesn't tear the PTH leaving little metal bits to short out the board and (2) relying on mounting PTH for grounding often leads to flaky behavior if the mounting hardware tears up the PTH. My preference would be for a non-PTH mounting hole, keepout applied to all layers (including internal ground plane), solder mask up to the mounting hole, and marking the keepout boundary on the silkscreen layer.

dsm
schematic diagram will be open source or not?
(12-13-2015, 05:50 AM)hazerty Wrote: schematic diagram will be open source or not?

We plan to release the schematic once got clearnace from technical partners. However, we will not release PCB and Gerber file.
Quote:The wiki page link are as below,

http://wiki.pine64.org/

Regards.
I downloaded what you have and used it to try and generate a daughter board:
[Image: pine2.jpg]

I can make cutouts for the Ethernet and dual USB A connectors but I either need a board or someone to write in the measurement to pin one of the connectors and the actual size of the mounting hole.
My Survey Grade GPS unit needs this low power processor with it's hardware floating-point to do RTK at sub-centimeters in the field on batteries for 12 hours at a time.
Send defective board or if a real board I'll make a 3D drawing in STEP format with DXF board outlines.

Kind of like:
[Image: pine3.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Pine64+ have an internal hardware watchdog ? rahlquist 8 14,969 04-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
Question Different Hardware Versions ? bongo 3 5,153 12-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777