New Pinebook, having issues powering on...
Hi All,

Just received my Pinebook 14" on Friday.  Flat battery when it arrived, but after charging for an hour or so, it did power up.
I liked what I saw, however now I am now having an issue where it will not power on.  Here is what I put in the ticket I posted (#1561)...

On Saturday I had some difficulty getting it to power on, but eventually it did.  Today (Sunday), it will not power on.  When I plug the cord in the red power light by the socket comes on, and the green power light on the keyboard lights, it then displays the battery charging symbol and shows that the battery is fully charged.  Then the power light on the keyboard goes out.  And I cannot get it to come back on.  I have tried pressing the power button in multiple ways, and nothing happens.  I have tried the sleep button (Fn-F1) and nothing happens.

Anyone else have this problem?
Also, I opened the ticket on Sunday and have as yet had no response?  Anyone else know about how long it takes for them to respond?

Thank you for any help!
Please read this first:

Rolleyes
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Hi Mark,
Thank you for the info.  Yes, I read that thread and had charged my laptop overnight.
I did notice something tonight.  I got it to come on when I plugged it in it woke-up from sleep mode. (it would not wake up by pressing the power button).  However, when I shut it down and tried to turn it on again, I had to plug it in and out several times while pressing the power button before it would actually boot. (Otherwise I just get the white battery charging symbol  for a few moments and it shuts off).

Any other ideas?

Thank you.
Jack.
(08-22-2017, 10:12 PM)JRR Wrote: Hi Mark,
Thank you for the info.  Yes, I read that thread and had charged my laptop overnight.
I did notice something tonight.  I got it to come on when I plugged it in it woke-up from sleep mode. (it would not wake up by pressing the power button).  However, when I shut it down and tried to turn it on again, I had to plug it in and out several times while pressing the power button before it would actually boot. (Otherwise I just get the white battery charging symbol  for a few moments and it shuts off).

Any other ideas?

Thank you.
Jack.

sounds like its not fully charged;  its very dangerous to leave it unattended in "sleep" mode;  that drains power and if you let it go all the way flat, you'll have the problem described in the thread I gave you;

don't let it go all the way flat.  also, I would avoid letting it "sleep".  keep cycling the battery, it will improve.
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Thanks again. I have not let the battery go flat...other than when it arrived from the factory.
However the problem does not seem to be improving. Its really like the power button is not working correctly. I cannot just press it and have it turn-on. I have to keep plugging it in and out and eventually it may come on but it takes a lot of fiddling around. I was (and still am) really looking forward to using/learning about the pinebook and Ubuntu, but right now it is just plain frustrating because I cannot use it when I want to.

I also must ask if anyone has had issues with support? I've put in two tickets now for this problem (the first one on Monday) and have had no response at all from Pine?
hi, we can chat live on irc ( address below )

give support a couple days to respond; they are not really speedy, unfortunately.

try: unplug power cord, gently press and 'hold' the power button until the led lights then release the button.

Look forward to chatting with you.
marcushh777    Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinebook 1080p power/barrel connector/cable cel 0 496 08-03-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: cel
  eMMC compatible with Pinebook leperotero 0 1,321 07-19-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: leperotero
Heart [solved] Anyone selling their Pinebook? feyn 0 1,168 07-11-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: feyn
  Move PB Pro eMMC 128 GB to Pinebook 11 1080p petet0n76 1 1,564 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  UART switch Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 3 3,216 01-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Exclamation "6" Key direly needed for 11" Pinebook Corkonian 1 2,529 09-25-2021, 12:03 AM
  Pinebook 14 " Battery Swollen/Bulged billjon 1 3,537 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM
Last Post: barray
  touchpad on pinebook issues? ron_burgundy 14 13,509 12-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Pinebook doesn't charge anymore Reinoud 0 2,631 08-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Reinoud
Information How To Setup Serial Console Cable Over the Pinebook MarkHaysHarris777 4 22,687 07-02-2020, 06:33 PM