(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
(03-30-2016, 12:24 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote:
April 8th 2016 - Debian Image Release Candidate 2

Great to hear and thanks again for your work and support here. While some of us already set up a working environment (by installing some additional packages and configuring them), is there also a possibility to update an existing image/version to the latest version?

Do we only need to run the update-sripts for kernel/u-boot from longsleep or is it necessary to re-image the SD card again? Just beeing curious, because then i would partially loose my installation....

Go on hacking, guys.

BTW: Is there any chance to support you and all those other guys workinghard on a OS with some more 'hard' support than just some words? While i paid some money to get my hardware, i would also see it as part of the deal, to support the software with some payment....
I suppose, you won't get some real support from the Pine64 guys from kickstarter Big Grin
Still a linux newbie with several EEE-PCs, PI's, LattePanda and some Desktops/Laptops running Win10. Now also proudly using Pine64+ 2GB and gigabit LAN
(04-08-2016, 06:58 PM)lenny.raposo Wrote:
NEW ROOTFS RELEASED

NEW DEBIAN IMAGES TO COME TODAY

The Root File System release just reflects recent Debian updates and the addition of fbset, pavucontrol and bash-completion.

The new images address the boot partition instabilities encountered with the first release. Please check first post for more information.

Thank you! This fixed my issues. Was it something odd about my setup or was there a legit issue with boot partition?

(04-09-2016, 06:08 AM)androsch Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 12:24 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote:
April 8th 2016 - Debian Image Release Candidate 2

BTW: Is there any chance to support you and all those other guys workinghard on a OS with some more 'hard' support than just some words? While i paid some money to get my hardware, i would also see it as part of the deal, to support the software with some payment....
I suppose, you won't get some real support from the Pine64 guys from kickstarter Big Grin

Agreed, the guys working on getting us the OSS builds need a tip jar for "Cold refreshing beverages".  Angel
I am also a web developer. If there is anything I need I will be sure to ask Wink

(04-09-2016, 12:03 AM)yusijs Wrote:
(04-08-2016, 11:56 PM)lenny.raposo Wrote: I will be taking in tutorials from those in the community who wish to share their knowledge base for the collective.

I meant the website itself really (building / maintaining) - I work as a web developer. Smile
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
(04-06-2016, 07:36 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote: I built 4 images for those who wanted a specific lightweight desktop environment and a base image for those who want to build things up in a custom fashion.

You can always just get the base image and apt-get what you want or simply use tasksel to install a DE of your choice (would not use cinnamon DE as 3d acceleration is not available yet)

Full Debian images are now up. Check first post for links

Have installed the Debian image and still must comment the issue regarding gigabit lan still is unsolved. Have tried several routers and cable, but Pine64+ 2GB only has stable ethernet using a net port with 100MB fixed rate. Is this something to be taken into consideration at the moment or at least for future releases?

As far as i understand the process, this seems to be an issue regarding DMA and network with the 2GB ram model, right?

For me at the moment its fine, i can work with XFCE and desktop apps well., but one of my main interest on buying the Pine64 versus the PI3 was its ability to feed gigabit network, to have better network speed for NAS.

Just as sidemark: Has someone already managed to install a minecraft server or at least java running at certain speed/response?

Will buy you all a beer Big Grin
Still a linux newbie with several EEE-PCs, PI's, LattePanda and some Desktops/Laptops running Win10. Now also proudly using Pine64+ 2GB and gigabit LAN
I will create a space for bugs posts relating to the 3.10.65 BSP Linux Kernel Builds
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
Perfekt, thank you [emoji106]

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk
(04-09-2016, 12:36 PM)androsch Wrote: As far as i understand the process, this seems to be an issue regarding DMA and network with the 2GB ram model, right?

No. The Ethernet driver has been fixed to work with memory lagerer 1GB and the fix was released with kernel 3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep-16 - if you can confirm that the same cable and switch Port work with 1000M for another non Pine device your Pine is either defect or needs other Timings in the device tree. Feel free to Experiment with the Timings at https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine6....dts#L2562
(04-09-2016, 05:35 PM)longsleep Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 12:36 PM)androsch Wrote: As far as i understand the process, this seems to be an issue regarding DMA and network with the 2GB ram model, right?

No. The Ethernet driver has been fixed to work with memory lagerer 1GB and the fix was released with kernel 3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep-16 - if you can confirm that the same cable and switch Port work with 1000M for another non Pine device your Pine is either defect or needs other Timings in the device tree. Feel free to Experiment with the Timings at https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine6....dts#L2562

Had already contact to Lenny.raposo regarding network speed. Interesting thing is with iperf3 and Pine64 at the gigabit port as client i have also about 420MBits, only with Pine64 on gigabit as server the speed drops down to 4-5MBits and e.g. internet speed reading towards the Pine is also dropping nearly to zero (less than 20kbytes).
Error is reproducable, e.g. switching the port on the router between 100MBit and gigabit -> Pine speed drops resp. goes up again.

Sorry, but I'm no developer at all, so it's interesting, there are so many timing and setup parameters to see in your link, but I really don't know how to handle this Sad

For me at the moment it's fine working with just 100MBit, i just wanted to give feedback, there still are issues with the 2GB model and gigabit lan and hope my feedback gives hints to sort this out.....
Thanks for your work!  And to show that it's being put to work, I have my Pine A64 running ADSB Spy on just over one core.   This includes processing samples from the Airspy SDR at 20 msps and sending data over ethernet to a Windows machine running Virtual Radar Server.  And there's plenty of CPU power left to display the results on Google Map in a browser window.  

https://twitter.com/w9ran/status/718963212071342080

73, Bob W9RAN
Thanks a bunch lenny.raposo for the work you ar putting into this!

Is there a chance to get audio in/out over the 3.5mm jack to work?
I would be interested in that to connect the Pine to my ham radio equipment.

73 de Hermann AJ4ZS

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian installer on Pine A64+ but no hdmi mrwick 1 4,884 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Debian Pine64 h264/5 Video under vlc ozcy 6 12,747 04-15-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  OMV/debian/systemd: how to start the network kittyland 0 2,940 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kittyland
  Debian 10 (Buster) in deep freeze - includes support for Pine64+ amp 5 10,090 07-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: amp
  Pine64 Debian Stretch/mainline [4.14.7] CallMeFoxie 50 121,099 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: amp
  Installing Debian with the Debian Installer (Buster RC1) amp 1 4,754 06-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Kaarme42
  Script to build pure Debian images for Pine64+ amp 1 4,188 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Debian (Stretch) for Pine64-LTS wgray 2 6,262 04-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: wgray
  Is there just one fuctioning Debian Desktop image? KNERD 7 13,062 03-29-2019, 02:00 AM
Last Post: desai_amogh
  how to set kernel parameter 'fsck.mode=force' marcelser 6 11,972 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: pfeerick