(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
Sounds good. I would like to see a tutorial on this....Downloading, creating the Image on a SD Card.
Would Java 8 ME and the C and C++ compilers be available ?
I will assume the usual apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y are the usual updating mechanisms.

I'll look in your Wiki to see how to access the IO Ports.

An incomplete system is not really of much use to me since I want to compare the A64 to the Raspberry Pi 3
and both must have the roughly the same OS software (except for scratch,Sonic etc).
The documentation+Forum gets 25% of the score.
All the mentioned programming languages will access the GPIO (polling mode, interrupt triggered)
as an integral part of the tests.
If you need somewhere to build and distribute packages the openSUSE build service is free for open source software and supports many distributions, including Debian and Ubuntu.

https://build.opensuse.org/

You might also like to know that openSUSE is trying to port to the pine64.

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Pine64

Bill
Thank you and that is good to know.
But at the moment only Debian is required.

BPole

OFF TOPIC --- PS: How can I change my Avatar?
Just to let everyone know I am working on tutorials and a repository for downloading the latest and greatest for the pine.

Also I have 4 full fledged Debian images coming soon based on the rootfs options I provided earlier Wink.

Stay tuned
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
Well done. Your work is much appreciated.
Why 4 images,though. RPi delivers one image .
I built 4 images for those who wanted a specific lightweight desktop environment and a base image for those who want to build things up in a custom fashion.

You can always just get the base image and apt-get what you want or simply use tasksel to install a DE of your choice (would not use cinnamon DE as 3d acceleration is not available yet)

Full Debian images are now up. Check first post for links

Cheers Big Grin
(04-06-2016, 07:36 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote: I built 4 images for those who wanted a specific lightweight desktop environment and a base image for those who want to build things up in a custom fashion.

You can always just get the base image and apt-get what you want or simply use tasksel to install a DE of your choice (would not use cinnamon DE as 3d acceleration is not available yet)

Full Debian images are now up. Check first post for links

Installed Debian With XFCE Desktop image. Booted and was able to connect to board over SSh. Then I tried to get my usb wifi adapter working. Installed the usbutils, could see the adapter. But wifi wlan0 wasnt showing so I rebooted. Now cant SSH int Pine even with Wifi removed. 

Have a feeling the usbutils borked it. 
what wifi adapter is it?

Cheers Big Grin
(04-06-2016, 02:12 PM)lenny.raposo Wrote: what wifi adapter is it?

Its a Ralink RT5370 which will need firmware-ralink package. 

Fresh install. Install usbutils. Run lsusb. sudo reeboot and poof no more boot?

Console log;
http://pastebin.com/6w3unr0B
looks as though the card isn't being read properly. Can you check the disk on another system and see if you can see anything in the boot partition?

Cheers Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian installer on Pine A64+ but no hdmi mrwick 1 4,877 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Debian Pine64 h264/5 Video under vlc ozcy 6 12,734 04-15-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  OMV/debian/systemd: how to start the network kittyland 0 2,935 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kittyland
  Debian 10 (Buster) in deep freeze - includes support for Pine64+ amp 5 10,077 07-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: amp
  Pine64 Debian Stretch/mainline [4.14.7] CallMeFoxie 50 121,061 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: amp
  Installing Debian with the Debian Installer (Buster RC1) amp 1 4,747 06-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Kaarme42
  Script to build pure Debian images for Pine64+ amp 1 4,181 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Debian (Stretch) for Pine64-LTS wgray 2 6,255 04-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: wgray
  Is there just one fuctioning Debian Desktop image? KNERD 7 13,058 03-29-2019, 02:00 AM
Last Post: desai_amogh
  how to set kernel parameter 'fsck.mode=force' marcelser 6 11,965 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: pfeerick