(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
Greetings from FOSDEM. I updated the wiki with the alternative download mirror for Debian. Since Lenny is MIA, I strongly suggest using armbian's Debian instead.

Alternative mirror
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Is the Debian Jessie image development dead?
I like the OS, after doing an upgrade, the desktop is still slow.
Is there still active work being done on this or should I look at another OS?
Lenny is too busy at the moment, but you can use Armbian images, they provide maintained Debian or Ubuntu images:

http://www.armbian.com/pine64/
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
the speed of the desktop is more a function of the underlying hardware and the desktop manager software which lenny can not control. what desktop are you using? if mate it will be slower than xfce.
(02-27-2017, 04:55 PM)dkryder Wrote: the speed of the desktop is more a function of the underlying hardware and the desktop manager software which lenny can not control. what desktop are you using? if mate it will be slower than xfce.

I believe I am using the mate desktop. Is there a significant performance improvement with xfce?
thank you.
Hello!

I would like to view multiple videos on the pine (A64A+ 2GB) computer with mplayer. After launching the second mplayer instance both videos start to flicker.

When using -vo x11 as output (instead of the default "-vo vdpau") the videos do not flicker, but playback is slow due to it being not accelerated by hardware.

Thank you in advance,
cserem
for anyone still struggling with the teamviewer install, it's the package libxtst6:armhf you need to install before installing teamviewer .deb, the 64-bit version won't do it. My notes (for a debian system):

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get install libxtst6:armhf
sudo dpkg -i teamviewer-host_11.0.63329_armhf.deb
(02-27-2017, 04:54 PM)xalius Wrote: Lenny is too busy at the moment, but you can use Armbian images, they provide maintained Debian or Ubuntu images:

http://www.armbian.com/pine64/

Are you sure about those? I tired the Ubuntu version (Jan 2018 update), and it refused to boot with Kernel Panic.
I tried the old original image listed from the OP, and it will boot, but still has those performance bugs.
I created a fresh install of this image:
http://itsdave.co.uk/pine64/Debian/pine6...p-2.img.xz

Now getting these errors while trying to install "python-wxgtk2.8", and "libgtk-3-dev"

I am getting these kind of errors:

root@pine64:~# apt-get install python-wxgtk2.8
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package python-wxgtk2.8 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'python-wxgtk2.8' has no installation candidate.

root@pine64:~# sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports install python-wxgtk2.8
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package python-wxgtk2.8 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'python-wxgtk2.8' has no installation candidate

Please help.
Please do not use these images - they are painfully outdated.

Up-to-date Debian images for the A64 are provided by Armbian. 
ayufan also has a Jessie build (see his git) but its also outdated.

Thread is henceforth archived and locked.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian installer on Pine A64+ but no hdmi mrwick 1 4,865 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Debian Pine64 h264/5 Video under vlc ozcy 6 12,696 04-15-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  OMV/debian/systemd: how to start the network kittyland 0 2,929 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kittyland
  Debian 10 (Buster) in deep freeze - includes support for Pine64+ amp 5 10,027 07-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: amp
  Pine64 Debian Stretch/mainline [4.14.7] CallMeFoxie 50 120,839 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: amp
  Installing Debian with the Debian Installer (Buster RC1) amp 1 4,740 06-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Kaarme42
  Script to build pure Debian images for Pine64+ amp 1 4,165 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Debian (Stretch) for Pine64-LTS wgray 2 6,231 04-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: wgray
  Is there just one fuctioning Debian Desktop image? KNERD 7 12,992 03-29-2019, 02:00 AM
Last Post: desai_amogh
  how to set kernel parameter 'fsck.mode=force' marcelser 6 11,930 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: pfeerick