(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
I have done it - TeamViewer-host:armhf on Pine64!  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-07-2016, 03:26 PM)igor Wrote: I have done it - TeamViewer-host:armhf on Pine64!  Smile

does that mean we can make a libreelec version of kodi because that is based on armhf
I don't know... Btw, i cannot make mouse and keyboard input to work in teamviewer due to some differences between Pine and Raspberry... or between Debian and Raspbian. Maybe somebody can help?
(10-30-2016, 11:32 AM)neil85ae86 Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 09:27 AM)androsch Wrote: May also be powering issues, they also cause some weird behaviour....
Do you have sufficient power resp. even using EULER bus?

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

Thx for the input. I did purchase it with the power supply so I wouldn't have to waste any time trying to eliminate that problem. I do have to admit power was my gut feel. I do have some name brand 2-3 amp tablet chargers here that I could possibly try....

Just an update, despite the fact that I bought a 2 pack of genuine Sandisk 32GB 10x cards (these are a couple years old), one works and one doesn't. I upgraded to a new 'gold' ultra and it works fine. Unfortunately their isn't much I can do with this model, it's too underpowered for anything graphical. I'll figure something out I'm sure.
Question: Got Debian 8 running beautifully. I activated the wifi/bluetooth module but am not seeing my bluetooth mouse or keyboard. Both are in discovery mode but the pairing screen is grayed out. What am I missing?
I haven't had much luck searching here, so I'm hoping someone can help me. Every time I try to pair a bluetooth device, the window simply closes. It can see my micro keyboard and my mouse but pairing seems to crash. This is a brand new install, all scripts ran and everything else is working correctly it seems.

I even tried following the Debian Wiki on pairing via command line but some of the commands were not recognized.

Thanks!
(01-16-2017, 01:24 PM)Kiwiboyus Wrote: I haven't had much luck searching here, so I'm hoping someone can help me. Every time I try to pair a bluetooth device, the window simply closes. It can see my micro keyboard and my mouse but pairing seems to crash. This is a brand new install, all scripts ran and everything else is working correctly it seems.

I even tried following the Debian Wiki on pairing via command line but some of the commands were not recognized.

Thanks!
I found that I had to pull up the system and go to the Bluetooth device and turn it on. What bugs me is that it doesn't come one each time on boot up. I then click on the Bluetooth symbol, upper right and it brings up the menu. You are right, the menu disappears -unless- you keep the cursor inside the menu. I found that out by trial and error. Like yours, mine sees both devices but pairing fails every time. Really ticks me off. The sudo -i commands are supposed to activate the module and they seems to have worked but no pairing. Let me know if you find any work around.
God bless you,
Mike
I've installed this image since late July, as soon as it was released, and painstakingly worked out a procedure to install GNU Radio - just to find out that the performance is not quite what I expected... However this post is not about that - everything else was running fine.

After a couple of months of running my Pine with this image without any problem, yesterday I needed to install nodejs and npm. Started off  by apt-get update, and received this:

Quote:Fetched 2,012 kB in 48s (41.4 kB/s)
W: Failed to fetch http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/dists...4/Packages  Hash Sum mismatch
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Running Synaptic Package Manager gives a dozen of broken packages too - though everything was fine till I decided to check!!..
So how do I update this image now? Or there is some newer image?
Thanks,
Mac Ha
(11-12-2016, 09:14 AM)igor Wrote: I don't know... Btw, i cannot make mouse and keyboard input to work in teamviewer due to some differences between Pine and Raspberry... or between Debian and Raspbian. Maybe somebody can help?

Hey igor,

Reading your previous post i presume you're gonna use teamviewer as vnc solution right?
In the past i tryed that to and found that teamviewer isn't that ideal.
So, i searched the net wide and fsr for anothr solution..
Eventually i found 'nomachine!'.
This works very well and you can do whatever you want.
Hzave been using it for all my remote-admin needs.
Its free as long as you dont use it commercially.
They have vlients for every major OS like mac, windows, linux, ios, android and.. there is now also a client for arm64.
I'm uding this right now on my pine which runs ubuntu.
Got mouse, keyb, sound, ...
Link to it: https://www.nomachine.com/download/download&id=3

Hope this might solve your problem.

If you got any questions, just pm me or find me on the pine64.org IRC-server

...tech
please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697
(01-19-2017, 08:20 AM)Techsensei Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 09:14 AM)igor Wrote: I don't know... Btw, i cannot make mouse and keyboard input to work in teamviewer due to some differences between Pine and Raspberry... or between Debian and Raspbian. Maybe somebody can help?

Hey igor,

Reading your previous post i presume you're gonna use teamviewer as vnc solution right?
In the past i tryed that to and found that teamviewer isn't that ideal.
So, i searched the net wide and fsr for anothr solution..
Eventually i found 'nomachine!'.

Thank you, friend. I have never heared about nomachine and I'll try it. 
By the way my teamviewer is finally working. The sollution was found on the ODROID forum:

Quote:Re: How to install Teamviewer
[Image: icon_post_target.gif]by meveric » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:47 pm
Quote:andimaniac wrote:Are there some news? Have the same issue, I am able to connect but not to control via mouse or keyboard.

It's working fine if you follow the instructions and hints given in the RPi forum: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 3&start=25
The post on top says:

Quote:Teamviewer wrote:Please install the package libxtst6, and everything should just work fine.

I tried Nomachine. It works only in local network. So seems that teamviewer is the only tool for internet remote desktop for Pine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian installer on Pine A64+ but no hdmi mrwick 1 4,864 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Debian Pine64 h264/5 Video under vlc ozcy 6 12,689 04-15-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  OMV/debian/systemd: how to start the network kittyland 0 2,927 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kittyland
  Debian 10 (Buster) in deep freeze - includes support for Pine64+ amp 5 10,025 07-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: amp
  Pine64 Debian Stretch/mainline [4.14.7] CallMeFoxie 50 120,836 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: amp
  Installing Debian with the Debian Installer (Buster RC1) amp 1 4,738 06-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Kaarme42
  Script to build pure Debian images for Pine64+ amp 1 4,163 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Debian (Stretch) for Pine64-LTS wgray 2 6,229 04-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: wgray
  Is there just one fuctioning Debian Desktop image? KNERD 7 12,991 03-29-2019, 02:00 AM
Last Post: desai_amogh
  how to set kernel parameter 'fsck.mode=force' marcelser 6 11,927 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: pfeerick