RetroPie on Rock64
If you guys guide me in what image i should use to port Retropie on am sure i can work out a v4.3.7 or >  by Christmas
Not needed anymore as it seems Wink
Good news. I have been in touch with BuZz and he's started working on RetroPie for the Rock64. No promises obviously- but at least its a step in the direction of having an officially supported Rock64 RetroPie image.
Once I know more I will make sure to update this thread Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-22-2017, 04:04 PM)Ntemis Wrote: If you guys guide me in what image i should use to port Retropie on am sure i can work out a v4.3.7 or >  by Christmas
Not needed anymore as it seems Wink

I sure hope so. He wrote that he made good progress but had some issues with sound --- more specifically with audio out via headphone jack. Perhaps this is something you encountered too and would be willing to help ? :Smile Many thanks again.

Please tell me what image should i flash so i can check. Are we sure is retropie related or is distro issue? Does sound from headphone jack work outside the emulationstation?

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Hi I have a question about expanding the storage. For normal retropie you run raspi-config. It says command not found. I've tried using gparted on a RPi3 but that ruined the partition. So how do you expand it on rock64?
I'm curious if anyone knows what happened with this initiative. I run an entertainment company and would like to be able to use SBCs other than Raspberry Pis (I came across some Rock64 boards recently). Someone posted a retropie image awhile back that is no longer available. Some of the official images I tested don't quite seem ready for primetime, though I wonder if that is a symptom of the boards I got being the 1gb versions (rev 2). I am happy to get my hands dirty with unofficial images for testing. 

Recalbox didn't seem to play well with many of the controllers I tested; I was also unable to read from a USB drive. Lakka seemed to work well, mostly (n64 was spotty, so was ps2). I've been working a lot with the Microsoft adaptive controller and wasn't able to get that working. Lots of the projects we've been working on lately are niche.

What originally got me interested in SBCs in general was a prototype for Deafblind users I started developing on the rpi3, then later moved to the rpi4. It was a moving arm that could output data from a screen reader (Orca) to hand movements users of International Deafblind alphabet could use for web browsing. It also has a hand that can be touched for Deafblind users to input data (acts as a Deafblind keyboard). This also got me dabbling in retro gaming for the disabled with the microsoft adaptive controller and a few of my diy controller designs (which i've since scrapped, because the microsoft adaptive controller and available addons from other 3rd party sellers are pretty much the most customizable, albeit pricey with all the required modules, offers a way to control games regardless of disability). There are a ton of older games that people never got to play but can enjoy nonetheless. Now we have the technology of customizable and disability-friendly controllers, add retro console emulation and it seems we aren't lacking in a way to bridge the gap. 

Although working with the rock64 has been more challenging that I expected, I'm not quite ready to throw the towel in yet.
You have many gaming OSes for the R64 - Lakka, Recalbox, Battocera, RetroArena (which is RetroPi) and probably others.

(10-18-2020, 06:06 AM)Luke Wrote: You have many gaming OSes for the R64 - Lakka, Recalbox, Battocera, RetroArena (which is RetroPi) and probably others.

Hm. I've been using Recalbox (in spite of the current Dragonblaze image's issues) because I personally don't like Lakka as much... But this is the first I've heard of Batocera and RetroArena being available for the Rock64... Why aren't they on the Software Release wiki page?  Huh
(10-20-2020, 03:59 PM)lewellyn Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 06:06 AM)Luke Wrote: You have many gaming OSes for the R64 - Lakka, Recalbox, Battocera, RetroArena (which is RetroPi) and probably others.

Hm. I've been using Recalbox (in spite of the current Dragonblaze image's issues) because I personally don't like Lakka as much... But this is the first I've heard of Batocera and RetroArena being available for the Rock64... Why aren't they on the Software Release wiki page?  Huh

Same here, I had tried several from the release wiki page but this is the first I heard of Batocera and RetroArena for the Rock64. In searching, I found RockPro64 images for Batocera and RetraArena. Are those images compatible with the Rock64 as well?
(10-23-2020, 06:42 AM)BigSkyEntertainment Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 03:59 PM)lewellyn Wrote:

Same here, I had tried several from the release wiki page but this is the first I heard of Batocera and RetroArena for the Rock64. In searching, I found RockPro64 images for Batocera and RetraArena. Are those images compatible with the Rock64 as well?
The RockPro64 image cannot run on Rock64 SBC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) Rock64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 0 50 03-24-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mara
  Rock64 v2 - did not work song / audio sqw200zu 2 1,236 03-14-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot dstallmo 0 243 12-27-2023, 10:34 AM
Last Post: dstallmo
  HDMI doesn't work on rock64 Noung1991 1 510 11-21-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: as365n4
  Rock64 + Klipper + KlipperScreen Instructions godzilla62 0 510 10-22-2023, 01:52 AM
Last Post: godzilla62
  Rock64 Debian 11 (Bullseye) install problem jbize 15 7,961 10-12-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: tpaul
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) Rock64 RK3328 (aarch64) mara 133 186,385 10-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: mara
  arch rock64 does not boot nemnob 0 507 07-09-2023, 03:28 AM
Last Post: nemnob
  RXDP from Win10 to Armbian on Rock64 Transportsicherung 0 563 05-27-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Transportsicherung
  DietPi OS for ROCK64 MichaIng 41 31,718 12-07-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: luminosity7