RetroPie on Rock64
(09-18-2017, 05:39 AM)Luke Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 05:02 AM)cheungtsw Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 01:24 AM)Luke Wrote: Think he's busy right now, but last time I spoke to him in IRC he said he had a working armhf version on the image, which means N64 and PSX emulation.
Hi Luke,

How does the graphic performance on the Rock64 compared to RPi3?

I am using RetroPie @ RPi3 but I want more graphic performance.  If I use the more fancy graphic settings, the frame rate is low on the RPi3.

I am wondering will I see a big improvement on the Rock64.

ps. I am only interested in PSX1 emulation & Kodi.

If you are specifically interested in RetroPie, then will not be able to tell you until I get the armhf build from rtissera, as the 64bit build does not run PSX or N64 emulators. That said, if performance on Android is anything to go by (and it kind of vaguely is) then I'd say you can expect ~15-20% better performance on the R64. While not earth shattering, it will make most PSX games run flawless or near perfectly - take a look at the little table I linked at the very bottom of that post.

Thx Luke
Any updates on how the build is going so far? I'm guessing rtissera has been caught up with other stuff lately. Hopefully it's still something he's still working on.
(10-04-2017, 08:21 PM)reggietheporpoise Wrote: Any updates on how the build is going so far? I'm guessing rtissera has been caught up with other stuff lately. Hopefully it's still something he's still working on.

Yea, I haven't seen him around. His work is up on github tho, so in case he isn't coming back maybe someone can pick it up ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(10-09-2017, 06:41 AM)Luke Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 08:21 PM)reggietheporpoise Wrote: Any updates on how the build is going so far? I'm guessing rtissera has been caught up with other stuff lately. Hopefully it's still something he's still working on.

Yea, I haven't seen him around. His work is up on github tho, so in case he isn't coming back maybe someone can pick it up ?

I really hope somebody does if he’s dropped it (and it would be totally understandable if he has. Life gets in the way sometimes). This was the number one reason I wanted to get a Rock64, and I think it’s a compelling reason for lots of people to do so. Would definitely offer to do it myself if I had the skills, but for now the best I can offer is to test pre-release versions and provide as much feedback as possible. Do you know if any of the official Retropie devs responded after getting a tester board?
(10-10-2017, 02:13 PM)reggietheporpoise Wrote:

I really hope somebody does if he’s dropped it (and it would be totally understandable if he has. Life gets in the way sometimes). This was the number one reason I wanted to get a Rock64, and I think it’s a compelling reason for lots of people to do so. Would definitely offer to do it myself if I had the skills, but for now the best I can offer is to test pre-release versions and provide as much feedback as possible. Do you know if any of the official Retropie devs responded after getting a tester board?

I haven't gotten a response from the official devs - but they warned me they have a backlog of things (the Asus Tinkerboard) to do first. 

Its a bit of a pity that we never got rtissera's armhf build however, as I am convinced that would have solved many issues the build with 64bit userspace had. Lets hope we'll see him again ... sooner rather than later Wink

(10-10-2017, 02:54 PM)Luke Wrote:

I haven't gotten a response from the official devs - but they warned me they have a backlog of things (the Asus Tinkerboard) to do first. 

Its a bit of a pity that we never got rtissera's armhf build however, as I am convinced that would have solved many issues the build with 64bit userspace had. Lets hope we'll see him again ... sooner rather than later Wink

Hey!
Still alive busy with real life stuff.
I thought I made a drop of an armhf build I will give a lot at it over this week.
(10-14-2017, 02:10 AM)LTronic Wrote:

Hey!
I thought I made a drop of an armhf build I will give a lot at it over this week.

<3

Hey!

Very glad to see you back - this is great news! Will check your git once I'm back from a short trip out of town Smile

(10-14-2017, 03:26 PM)Luke Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 06:41 AM)Luke Wrote: Yea, I haven't seen him around. His work is up on github tho, so in case he isn't coming back maybe someone can pick it up ?

Hey!

Very glad to see you back - this is great news! Will check your git once I'm back from a short trip out of town Smile

Hey, I didn't see any updates on the github page. Any chance somebody picked up a later build over IRC? I'd be happy to help with more feedback!
Quote:Hey, I didn't see any updates on the github page. Any chance somebody picked up a later build over IRC? I'd be happy to help with more feedback!

Sadly no. But I got the RetroPie ball rolling again yesterday and reached out to people who may be able to help with an armhf build with all cores working. 

I still hope that rtissera will rejoin our ranks Smile

edit: if anyone with the know-how would like to help out making this happen please reach out to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) Rock64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 0 50 03-24-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mara
  Rock64 v2 - did not work song / audio sqw200zu 2 1,237 03-14-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot dstallmo 0 243 12-27-2023, 10:34 AM
Last Post: dstallmo
  HDMI doesn't work on rock64 Noung1991 1 511 11-21-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: as365n4
  Rock64 + Klipper + KlipperScreen Instructions godzilla62 0 511 10-22-2023, 01:52 AM
Last Post: godzilla62
  Rock64 Debian 11 (Bullseye) install problem jbize 15 7,962 10-12-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: tpaul
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) Rock64 RK3328 (aarch64) mara 133 186,393 10-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: mara
  arch rock64 does not boot nemnob 0 509 07-09-2023, 03:28 AM
Last Post: nemnob
  RXDP from Win10 to Armbian on Rock64 Transportsicherung 0 564 05-27-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Transportsicherung
  DietPi OS for ROCK64 MichaIng 41 31,721 12-07-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: luminosity7