Continued support?
Given the announcement at Jide, should we continue to use RemixOS on Pine64?  It's not clear which versions of RemixOS they are abandoning (other than the PC version), and they mention supporting "enterprises" but I have no way of knowing if the Pine64 falls under that umbrella.  Do we have any word from Jide as to whether or not we'll have continued support here?
generally enterprise = business. sounds like jide is going to a business to business model and quitting the consumer markets altogether. i doubt that there will be any more development or support of remixOS.
(08-16-2017, 04:20 AM)dkryder Wrote: generally enterprise = business. sounds like jide is going to a business to business model and quitting the consumer markets altogether. i doubt that there will be any more development or support of remixOS.

TL got in touch with hkoivuneva from BlissRom, which offers an experience akin to Remix OS. If I understand correctly, their android has a desktop-style utility bar and supports resizable windows. They should have gotten their PBs by now - I hope that they will also make a build for the Pine64 and Rock64 boards ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Or you can try solution from Sentio

Install Android and in Google Play look for: "Sentio Desktop" and "Sentio apps"

It's in early development state, but in future it will be better. :-)
Big Grin 
(08-16-2017, 06:52 AM)Luke Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 04:20 AM)dkryder Wrote: generally enterprise = business. sounds like jide is going to a business to business model and quitting the consumer markets altogether. i doubt that there will be any more development or support of remixOS.

TL got in touch with hkoivuneva from BlissRom, which offers an experience akin to Remix OS. If I understand correctly, their android has a desktop-style utility bar and supports resizable windows. They should have gotten their PBs by now - I hope that they will also make a build for the Pine64 and Rock64 boards ...

That's really good news!  One of the reasons I went for the Pine64 in the first place was the possibility of a desktop Android experience.  I was really disappointed to see dev stop on Remix, so I'm glad we're getting a possible alternative.
phoenix os love to see this on Pine64
http://www.phoenixos.com/
(08-16-2017, 11:17 PM)trenton4k Wrote: phoenix os love to see this on Pine64

I'll ask TL if we can reach out to Phoenix OS
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-16-2017, 11:17 PM)trenton4k Wrote: phoenix os love to see this on Pine64

Are you sure?
I asked them about Azpen Hybrx and respond was:

Quote:Hello, 
Azpen Hybrx is an Arm device.
we didn't adapt it ,so we don't have DTS yet.
As I know we didn't have plan to adapt it for now.

but the reply is 2 months old.
(08-16-2017, 09:58 PM)EricL Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 06:52 AM)Luke Wrote:

That's really good news!  One of the reasons I went for the Pine64 in the first place was the possibility of a desktop Android experience.  I was really disappointed to see dev stop on Remix, so I'm glad we're getting a possible alternative.

You don't need a Pine 64 for an Android desktop experience.
One group has ported Android over to x86 (IA32)  called the "Android-x86 Project"
at one point last year Android-x86 Project was in some way associated with remixOS. not sure of what the exact connection was but i would often see the tag Android-x86-Project on the software updates of remixOS on my HP laptop that i had remix on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL support in Remix? mcfly777 4 8,794 12-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Toriless
  UVC Support Thois 1 4,158 09-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Last Post: mikey0000
  Remix touch screen support Danbrack 3 10,303 07-24-2016, 11:20 PM
Last Post: pinkelephants
  Official touchscreen support baumbachandrew 1 2,995 07-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Native Xbox/wiimote support? Abuthemagician 8 9,551 05-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: moondark
  How do we get support for incompatible apps in the play store Abuthemagician 7 8,080 04-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85