Anyone else disappointed?
Europe shipping is $12... Be grateful about living in US
(04-16-2016, 05:28 AM)alid Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 01:05 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 11:21 PM)devildog125 Wrote: [quote pid='5470' dateline='1460407462']
I dont like that you talk down the people on this forum spending most of their free time tweaking builds, helping other users or what ever else they do in the name of the Pine.

I am not sure where either me or the guy that was agreeing with me did this. Actually one of my few posts on this forum is thanking the guy who was working on solving the issue with 2G card and Ethernet and kind of complaining that nobody else is thanking him.

To me transparency means a lot. These guys are shipping from China for a very good reason. They pay China-post pretty much nothing and US-post has to take it. So charging $7 for shipping is BS. I would have preferred they charged $20 for the board and what it really cost them (or close to it) for shipping and handling. Not to mention, instead of shipping a bunch of them to US and then distributing them (like US distributors of Pi3 did), they continue to ship them from China -when they have charged us $7 for shipping- and this is why many of us are getting the boards so late. When I buy an Arduino on ebay from a Chinese supplier for $3.50 and no shipping charges, I know I should expect to wait for 3-4 weeks to get it. When I paid $7 shipping for this board, I had no idea they are going to ship it from China. To me, $7 shipping meant (or implied) they will definitely ship it from US with some tracking number and whatnot. and -this- kind of crap leaves a bad taste in your mouth and comments like: "nobody made you do it", is not going to wash it. And then I ask myself: Do I really want to deal with these guys again? and to me, the answer is no.

I don't fault them for the lack of software or bugs (when I mentioned Pi 3, I mentioned support for Linux as a plus, but a plus that did -not- come as a surprise to me). I do however fault them for whining all the time about how ungrateful we are. or the way they handle communication to their paying customers overall, or the sorry state of this forum with no technical contribution from their side.

Anyway, the OP in this thread was asking if we are disappointed or not and this is how I feel. You and others that don't like my answer would have been right to complain about my rant if I had posted it on other threads.
[/quote]

Shipping to US is thru EMS, with proper tracking number that can be track at usps.com, and the delivery time is 5-7 business days.
Hello i registered in pine64,first to say im interested in buy one.But not with the shipping cost you have.
You are doing bad with shipping cost . I read some posts before and the conclusion is pine is shipping to europe with chinapost or random everywhere. Thats crazy. First 12$ shipping cost from china is an totally abuse cost. I will never going to buy one if the shipping cost are not just and real. If you wanna win more money with the "shipping cost" you only need to do is change price of the sbc and in general the total price will be cheap than this. The real ship cost with china post will be 4-5 $.
Waiting for the future revisions in the shipping cost.
Good bye.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disappointed Jschnee 6 8,426 05-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Luke
  very disappointed strontium62 7 9,191 05-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Beryllium
Sad Disappointed That I Bought the 2GB model FiZiX 40 65,964 04-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Tarjei85