Compilation of new application
Hello guys.

I'm trying to install an application naming Cura, it's for 3D print.

I have two version for I386 and for AMD64, but no way for our pinebook
so, I want to compil a tar.gz
but I need PyOpenGL and I can't install it. (obviously I write sudo apt install PyOpenGL)
An idea ?

thanks.
(08-09-2017, 04:24 AM)jmbernabotto Wrote: Hello guys.

I'm trying to install an application naming Cura, it's for 3D print.

I have two version for I386 and for AMD64, but no way for our pinebook
so, I want to compil a tar.gz
but I need PyOpenGL and I can't install it. (obviously I write sudo apt install PyOpenGL)
An idea ?

thanks.

The driver does not support openGL;  only GLES ( a subset of GL )
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
OK, thanks Marcushh.

As your mind, is it possible to implement this soft ? https://dagoma.fr/tutoriels/logiciels-neva.html
I need it fo my 3D print.
As the original author of Cura. (Uhm, Hi!, you will find me in odd places) It won't run on the Pinebook, it's not written for it, not designed for it. All the 3D aspects are made for a full blown desktop with proper full OpenGL support. Forget about it.

Options to look into are running the CuraEngine (just the backend that does the GCode generation) and "PronterFace" for your printer control. But that won't give a seamless experience and will require some toying and tinkering.
If you're looking for an alternative, MatterControl runs on the Pinebook (barely). The CPU gets maxed out just rendering the most basic models. Dialog boxes don't draw, but you can get around this by going to Options and switching to Touchscreen mode. Heres a link to the latest beta version for Linux.
https://mattercontrol.appspot.com/downlo...CA4L73kAoM

You can also hook up CuraEngine as a backend, if you get it to compile.