+PINEBOOK ufw fails from terminal ufw.frontend module missing
I'm trying to setup iptables and I see ubuntu xenial uses ufw as a frontend. I tried ufw from the terminal but see ufw.frontend module missing error. I looked to apt-get install ufw-frontend but that's a deadend package according to google searches. It's confusing.. appears maybe Mate was setup to gufw frontend ufw with no command line but this doesn't work for me either. gui accepts password but opens no dialog to configure firewall. 

I see iptables and can access /etc/ufw/user.rules from root but didn't want to Just Modify this directly without some playing. I don't see any iptables rules files in root and assume iptables-save -restore scenarios wont work... that ufw loads iptables at boot.

Has anyone worked with the pinebook ubuntu firewall (ufw or other means)? If not, I'd be very surprised. I assume this is local configuration of ubuntu xenial mate for pinebook causing the problems Only because there's no google search results solving it BUT there's also nothing on ufw in Pine64 forum before this thread.

Thanks for any comments/questions and especially constructive suggestions/solutions. Thanks again, Mike
Hi we spoke on the irc about his problem earlier;  get your pinebook reloaded with a recent image and please feel free to stop by the irc if you have issues or questions.

Shy
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
thanks Mark... I reimaged Pinebook ubuntu xemial and ufw works from command line and firewall tools works from GUI. 

Think it'd be great to tell new owners of pinebook that shipped image needs reimage through Pine64-installer and Not traditional kernel and app update tools in Ubuntu. I expect your users Can update to fix all their problems (maybe not) and Newer linux users will follow your getting started and reimage from your sources. 
It may be good to strongly suggest shipped image needs updating from you. Thanks again.
(07-29-2017, 09:06 PM)lisanke Wrote: thanks Mark... I reimaged Pinebook ubuntu xemial and ufw works from command line and firewall tools works from GUI. 

Think it'd be great to tell new owners of pinebook that shipped image needs reimage through Pine64-installer and Not traditional kernel and app update tools in Ubuntu. I expect your users Can update to fix all their problems (maybe not) and Newer linux users will follow your getting started and reimage from your sources. 
It may be good to strongly suggest shipped image needs updating from you. Thanks again.

Noted.

Thanks for the feedback, and glad to know that all is well.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  kernel module snd_seq pelgrim 0 2,256 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: pelgrim
Question Set-up the wifi module jereze 9 17,961 05-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: jereze