Turning it on....
So......  How exactly do you turn the thing on? Is it supposed to turn on by itself when you plug it in or am I supposed to solder on a power switch? I can't find any info anywhere on that or any videos of people actually turning one on. Help would be appreciated!!
Plug in the microUSB cable and voila board will come up online. Make sure to use decent power supply (5V, 2A) and good cables (e.g. 20AVG). If you want to solder power switch check out the thread: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=126.
Just a heads up, it won't do anything except light up the LED unless you have a microSD card installed with a bootable system OS written to it. It's not like a normal computer where you'd see BIOS information and a warning that there is no disk available to boot from.
I knew I could count on the help of the masses, thank you!
I wanted to add that I tried this with a 800mA charger (that I used for cell phone charging), It at first looked ok, but when it went to start loading the software, the power light went out. Once I hooked up a 5v2A charger and had the HDMI connected straight to my monitor, it brought up the Pine logo without problems. It does take some time to load though, so be patient and you'll see the loaded screen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turning off RPI GPIO 5v on boot (SOPine) TeknoRapture 1 2,978 03-31-2017, 02:48 PM
Last Post: xalius