Project DAW Platform: Fully capable Audio Production, Recording Station
Okay so I am still in the research phase, I was hoping I could bounce some ideas off of yall, please any input is valued.

So I have roughly came up with a couple of approaches. First one would be using an Android build with the best support for a USB audio interface such as a simple Presonus Audiobox iONE USB interface, which would and should be supported by the android builds available for the Pine64+.

the Android playstore has all the needed apps including FL Studio Modile(supports usb audio interface, as well as wireless/USB midi input) This facilitates an integrated usb midi controller like an Akai MPK Mini maybe an addition Midi mix controller as well, or a tablet could function as a Bluetooth midi mix controller . Obviously one could easily forgo the audio interface for a USB condenser mic. This suits midi instrumentation over acoustic though you could mic a cab for a guitar.

2nd route would be using any number of Debian based images like ubuntu, or rasbian, or what ever is best with Ardour, Jack etc, etc. The hardware would not change much if at all between software, the software however can become a bit more challenging considering that Android builds support more of the boards capabillities, as well as the more complex signal routing with a linux audio suite, e.g. routing between multiple necessary applications. Im also sure the hardware support would be a bit more of a headache to implement.
SUB 2nd route, same as above except going the NON-daw route.........

3rd route would be a fully customized yocto project build, this allows for the most customization, using only the software needed no more. I have been working with the yocto build system for work developing custom images for embedded projects that will be going into a commercial setting. I have looked pretty thuroughly into the layers available, and it is extensive enough to pull it off, and possibly being able to develop the "PERFECT" OS for this project. This obviously will take a lot more research, and development but might be well worth it, as long as I am still using it for work. This also leaves the most questions regarding the hardware compatibillity....

What do yall think????

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project DAW Platform: Fully capable Audio Production, Recording Station - by speedro86 - 08-04-2017, 04:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pin64 as screenless Audio receiver Myszaks 1 2,980 01-26-2017, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Starbound Server. Is the Pine64 capable? iamfallen 1 3,895 08-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Question Weather Station and IoT Kits? carlosviansi 14 16,612 07-28-2016, 08:45 AM
Last Post: wanthalf
  Mounted Calendar and Info Station fsa317 10 13,930 06-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: fsa317
  SMB client to stream video and audio renderer alflopez 5 7,888 03-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Last Post: scnd