First images with DRM and Mali support for A64
(08-03-2017, 09:19 PM)Pushpike Wrote: I downloaded the minimal image for pine64 board. When I booted it to the console (before installing the desktop), the screen was green.

I ran the 3 scripts to update. Then added the ppa and updated. Then installed the additional packages needed. Then I enabled the DRM.

Only after rebooting the screen became normal. At last I installed the desktop. After instslling desktop if I disable DRM again the screen gets greenish.

Thanks for that... that's exactly the same as what I'm getting then Sad

I'm going back to the 'release' 0.6.2 minimal xenial image, as it will most likely be something to do with the DRM changes which have been primarily tested on the pinebook, and aren't entirely compatible with the pine64 minimal images... the hazards for pre-release images! :-O

(08-04-2017, 03:03 PM)fatalhalt Wrote: Hello,

I'm having trouble booting any of the ayufan's images on Pinebook, I have tried:
jessie-minimal-pine64-0.7.7-99.img.xz
xenial-i3-pinebook-bspkernel-0.7.7-99.img.xz
xenial-i3-pinebook-bspkernel-0.7.5-88.img.xz

I have used "PINE64 Installer" to write the untarred images to the microSD card. When attempting to boot I either get blinking cursor right after PINE64 splash screen or I see blank screen and power LED blinks 3 times and repeat. The only image that I had success is: xenial-mate-pinebook-bspkernel-0.6.2-77-sd2emmc.img.xz. I have updated my Pinebook with that but it has MATE and software compositor. I'm looking for Mali DRM / 3D accel / video decoding accel and would really like i3 window manager.

Any ideas?

Untarred images? Not sure what you mean by that... the pine64 installer should accept the files as is, and decompress them itself.

Edit: Scratch that... I've just tried booting the xenial-i3-pinebook-bspkernel-0.7.7-99.img.xz image, and I'm getting the 1 second power light cycle on off that you reported. $%^#$!

And was that with the same SD card in all those cases? If not, try writing one of these images to the one that worked.

I haven't tried any of the xenial-i3 images, so I'll download one shortly and see what my mileage is. I'm pretty sure the 0.6 i3 images were fine thou... as I think Xalius is a i3 fanboy Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: First images with DRM and Mali support - by pfeerick - 08-04-2017, 07:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Debian support! Luke 84 129,996 03-15-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: grobbs
  official support for aarch64 in OpenArena Opvolger 0 1,552 03-24-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Opvolger
  Fedora 32 Release, improved support for Rock(Pro)64 Tharadash 2 5,856 05-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Kickstarter: Allwinner VPU support in the official Linux kernel xalius 8 14,798 10-03-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: bunkerWHz