WARNING: internal 10|100 PHY requires magjack hardware!
(01-06-2019, 10:09 PM)t4_4t Wrote: Unfortunately,
Just as many people on this thread already fail,
it probably will not work on the "circuit diagram" you presented.
Additional parts are required.

That's what I've read here from you in your past post, hence my request on the missing parts. As I wrote, not being an engineer but having enough practice with electronic components, I looked further on the net for information inherent the MagJacks, specifically circuits which have integrated  the one provided by SparkFun (because each MagJack it's a world on its own apparently, even if they provide similar function). If I am not wrong, the circuit may depend from the type of MagJack, and also by the type of PHY you are connecting to. That should be the reason some circuits include pull-up resistors to the TX/RX, lines because the PHY involved has no internal provision for them. The PHY integrated in the RockChip should not need them, as hinted also in the schema relative to the DAC/Ethernet shield, but again: I may be wrong.

Lately, I've looked at the following posts relative to the Mbed platform:

https://os.mbed.com/users/no2chem/notebo...t-testing/

https://os.mbed.com/users/rolf/notebook/ethernet/

The difference with my circuit is that they have used two separate capacitors to cut a possible RF interference (I used one, like in the Pine64 schema), and they have connected the central transformer pins to 3.3V and to the capacitors (I didn't, again following Pine64). The reason for those capacitors is to handle better longer Ethernet cables, though for short ones (below 1 m.) they should not make any difference. Other solutions I have seen had the central for the TX transformer connected to the VCC (via a 10K resistor eventually), still using the 100 nF cap, and the central for the RX transformed connected like in my schema.

Pretty confusing if you ask me Confused , I suppose this remarks the fact I am not an electrical engineer. Big Grin

(01-06-2019, 10:09 PM)t4_4t Wrote: > but I am not sure the PHY driver provided by ayufan will drive them properly.

It is confirmation with the following image.
  bionic-minimal-rock64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img.xz
  https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-b...m64.img.xz

o If "eht1" is changed to enable, "eth1" will work fine. ("eht1" is disabled by default)
In addition,
  o The green/yellow LEDs to function as "(Link-connetion)/(Send or Recive ?)" respectively.

Good news! I am currently using for testing DietPi 6.19.7 with ayufan kernel 4.4.132-1075 (which was sort of a pain to update because the old DietPi distro I used for the initial install had a problem in providing a smooth way to update the kernel), so I should be set for the driver.

Thank you for your time and your efforts, I'll wait for your solution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WARNING: internal 10|100 PHY requires magjack hardware! - by WrongWorld - 01-07-2019, 05:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any way to tell the rock64's hardware revision? kittyland 1 2,860 07-01-2021, 09:42 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Hardware random number generator? scalextrix 13 15,504 06-04-2018, 02:05 AM
Last Post: scalextrix
  Latest Rock64 board hardware revision Ryan 3 5,107 03-14-2018, 05:42 AM
Last Post: petec
Question How can I use the internal 100M ethernet? gabrielmartinslima 1 2,621 02-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: dkryder
Information Rock64 SSD internal PNY CS900 240GB w/Pine usb|sata adapter MarkHaysHarris777 1 3,602 09-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Last Post: dkryder