A7.1 eMMC install image (unofficial!)
By popular demand I modified a Ubuntu Mate installer as per my instructions here to install latest pre-release Android 7.1 image to your Pinebook's eMMC (NB: disregard the message that its installing Ubuntu in the installer - it will install Android). 
This is not an official image so I am just tossing it up on google drive for those who want to try it. Also, I have not tested if it works - so it may not. Do let me know if it doesn't. I have done this in the past and worked just fine so I expect there won't be any issues.

Here is the google drive link 

edit 2: Removed the image because apparently the image did not work. 

Follow this simple procedure:

1) Flash the ubuntu install image to SD
2) mount rootfs of the installer 
3) delete the pinebook.img (please check, I cant remember if thats what its called)
4) rename A7.1 image to 'pinbook.img' 
5) copy the renamed A7.1 image to the installers rootfs
6) put the SD into your Pinebook

edit: Do not update SudoSu - it breaks the installation
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I'm a newbie and I can't understand at all instructions...

So I may use Pine64 installer in another laptop, flash pinebook ubuntu mate in my SD, connect the SD in these second laptop and access to the mounted SD, there I may find a pinebook.img, that I may delete, then rename the file you posted on gdrive to that name and copy there?
(07-07-2017, 03:12 AM)Ekkaia Wrote: I'm a newbie and I can't understand at all instructions...

I believe the idea is to:

1. Download the image that Luke provided
2. Use either the pine64-installer, etcher, other prefered disk imaging tool to write the image to a microSD
3. Insert microSD into unsuspecting pinebook
4. Power on the pinebook, which will boot from the image, and auto-install Android to the eMMC
(07-07-2017, 03:39 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 03:12 AM)Ekkaia Wrote: I'm a newbie and I can't understand at all instructions...

2. Use either the pine64-installer, etcher, other prefered disk imaging tool to write the image to a microSD
4. Power on the pinebook, which will boot from the image, and auto-install Android to the eMMC

Aaaah! Ok, so directly using the pine installer but selecting the image from your hdd.

I will test this afternoon. Btw, I will install this launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dromium.os
So more "laptop-ed".
I made the process and Android started ok! But the first thing I made it's update SuperSU (appears in notifications) and the reboot and now it's on an infinite reboot Sad

So is another problem or just not update SuperSU?

Now I may repeat all the process again.
Hehe, yes you should repeat and avoid upgrading. Stupid but that how it is.
Hi.
I made again, but no updating SuperSU and all runs ok. Google Play runs ok and all tested/installed apps also. No reboots or anything strange. Performance is good (imo).

Finally I didn't use Sentio Desktop, I didn't like final result, so apperance is more like a "tablet" but will all Google Play apps Smile
Damned, I have updated SuperSu and ....boot and boot and boot...infinite boot !!!
So, ok, I understood, I avoid upgrading SuperSu !!
Photo 
(07-07-2017, 03:39 AM)pfeerick Wrote:

Hi!

Hmmm getting an error when flashing via Pine64installer!!!

Error
 incorrect data check
Error: incorrectdata check
 at Zlib._handle.onerror(zlib.js:370:17)

Hash for 7.1 file?

Thanks!
//Fred
(07-11-2017, 04:04 PM)epigon Wrote: Hmmm getting an error when flashing via Pine64installer!!!

Error
 incorrect data check
Error: incorrectdata check
 at Zlib._handle.onerror(zlib.js:370:17)

Hash for 7.1 file?

Thanks!
//Fred

Which version did you download (so I/someone can download the same one and hash it), and it might be worth downloading the image again anyway, in case you have a corrupt download.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues booting remixOS image remi 2 4,734 07-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Luke