microSD card performance comparison
(03-22-2016, 06:31 AM)Andrew2 Wrote: Maintaining such a table is pretty useless unfortunately since result tables already exist (made with 'non fake' SD cards) and since a huge amount of people really think they could buy a recommended SD card that costs $25 normally on Aliexpress for $8 instead.

Then they end up with a fake card with less capacity/performance/reliability but it's hard to convince them that they bought crap. That's the reason why we added to our user documentation two links how to check for bad cards, two links how to choose a better one (already containing your link from above) and in the meantime an own utility to check SD cards even if they're already in use.

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob...re-sd-card

"yeah? well, you know that's just like uh your opinion" - The Big Lebowski

Seriously though, if you don't want to use it, don't use it!

I don't know why everyone is going on about fake SD cards.  Do you think my cards are fake?  I purchased the cards at Amazon and would expect any reputable dealer to not be selling fake cards.

On your other points, not everyone is using armbian or has access to that tool to check for bad cards.  I tried installing your tool, but it's not trivial on arch linux with aarch64 (especially for a novice like myself).

However, this spreadsheet isn't really meant as a test for bad cards.  This is meant to benchmark a variety of cards to help people select a card for best performance.  And I also have no problem with adding performance numbers from armbianmonitor.

The SD cards I tested are not in the table of benchmarked cards linked above.  We also might expect performance to be slightly different from the Raspberry Pi 2, which is what was used in the benchmark I linked.  

I think all these reasons taken together justify creating a new table of benchmarked cards.  But, as I said, if you don't want to use it, no one is forcing you to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: microSD card performance comparison - by falk.ben@gmail.com - 03-22-2016, 11:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashing SD card over USB ccben 5 8,558 07-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Last Post: ccben
  How do I change the default sound card? zirconx 2 5,321 10-02-2016, 05:10 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  RHEL Performance Tuning Guide xalius 0 2,069 07-31-2016, 03:01 AM
Last Post: xalius
  MicroSD card won't format Andr3w 2 4,590 07-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Making a Ubuntu Server image for SD Card insignia96 3 6,510 04-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Last Post: insignia96
  How to get Ubuntu SD Card Bob123456789 7 10,535 01-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Ghost